ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Toppin gets Knicks deal

Now a kid can make more money in college than in the pros. Go figure.
If they get a minimum deal sure but most can earn 750k if they stick on and that bare minimum. Obviously for most guys it’s better to come back but I think he took his chance for 75k to do nothing but workout, if he sticks he gets a better deal. If not he walks away and tries again.

If they get a minimum deal sure but most can earn 750k if they stick on and that bare minimum. Obviously for most guys it’s better to come back but I think he took his chance for 75k to do nothing but workout, if he sticks he gets a better deal. If not he walks away and tries again.

He could have came back, made more money, work on his game and got drafted next year. Which I think would work out better for all sides.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
He could have came back, made more money, work on his game and got drafted next year. Which I think would work out better for all sides.
There is not a ton of room for a 24 year old, 5th year senior in the NBA draft. I think there comes a point for some players where they are done with college and want to get on with their professional career. I think Toppin fits into that category.

There is not a ton of room for a 24 year old, 5th year senior in the NBA draft. I think there comes a point for some players where they are done with college and want to get on with their professional career. I think Toppin fits into that category.

He will lose money in the process but that’s not my business.

Idc if I’m 30, if college is gonna pay me significantly more money than the NBA, I’ll retire in college.

Good for toppin, I hope he makes the most of the opportunity. If Gabriel can survive in the NBA Toppin might be able to as well.

I would have liked him back. Even if he ends up overseas soon, there is nothing wrong with that.

He will lose money in the process but that’s not my business.

Idc if I’m 30, if college is gonna pay me significantly more money than the NBA, I’ll retire in college.
I just don't think he will make nearly what some might think he would make if he came back this year. He can play overseas and probably make more money than he would for NIL...plus he doesn't have to be in school.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Do you think he could make as much in his highest paid professional season as he would next year at UK? I know the money overseas is good but is it that good for someone like him?

Do you think he could make as much in his highest paid professional season as he would next year at UK? I know the money overseas is good but is it that good for someone like him?
I just think that what these kids get through NIL…especially a 5th year senior on a team loaded with big time freshman…isn’t nearly as much as what people think.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Hope he does well but he's mentally weak and more concerned with stats over winning basketball plays. I said what I said.

He won’t make an NBA and he would ride the pine here.

But probably make more money here.

Not a smart player and apparently not a smart businessman.

Bingo . This board keeps mentioning the money . A guy like Toppin realizes he is what he is at this point . If Toppin came back it is still very likely that he goes undrafted .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT