ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Rutledge...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Juco UK Commit Jackson Rutledge Final line, 13GP, 82IP, 9-2, 42H, 8ER, 134K’s and a 0.87 ERA on the year...would have been nice to see this kid pitch. Probably would have been our ace with ZT gone.

The other kid that we signed from Juco also looks to be really darn good. His name escapes me at the moment, but he is also probably going pro.

We got some huge JUCO names this year, but I think we won't see any of them in UK blue in 2020.

The other kid that we signed from Juco also looks to be really darn good. His name escapes me at the moment, but he is also probably going pro.

We got some huge JUCO names this year, but I think we won't see any of them in UK blue in 2020.

Oraj Anu?

Respectfully, what makes you so sure? He is projected as a guy that will go in the first 10 rounds. That will make things pretty tempting.

Also respectfully CB3, do some research on Knowles, how he got where he is and his goals. Does seem as if he wants to be in college at least one more year.

Started at Washington as a walk-on and became their 3rd starter. Helped to lead them to the college WS.

Also respectfully CB3, do some research on Knowles, how he got where he is and his goals. Does seem as if he wants to be in college at least one more year.

Started at Washington as a walk-on and became their 3rd starter. Helped to lead them to the college WS.

I've read some things on him but nothing really stood out to me as proof positive that he'd be here. Is there something I'm missing?

^ Well, I don’t there is anything that is ‘proof positive’ but there is an article and quote about wanting to experience the college/team experience again. I believe he said the ‘pros can wait’. Para-phrase of course.

^ Well, I don’t there is anything that is ‘proof positive’ but there is an article and quote about wanting to experience the college/team experience again. I believe he said the ‘pros can wait’. Para-phrase of course.

I think I just took the, 'future can wait' stuff as the kind of comments you make about the current season but that it doesn't indicate whether he'd be here. I'll be happy to be wrong though.

Reactions: parrott
I think I just took the, 'future can wait' stuff as the kind of comments you make about the current season but that it doesn't indicate whether he'd be here. I'll be happy to be wrong though.
Funny the announcer on last night's IU game was singing the virtues of going to college for 3-4 instead of playing in the low minor leagues because of strength/ conditioning & nutrition programs.

Funny the announcer on last night's IU game was singing the virtues of going to college for 3-4 instead of playing in the low minor leagues because of strength/ conditioning & nutrition programs.

Yea, but Knowles will have been in college for two years, so he'd be included in the percentages that are for college guys. Now, I would imagine our S&C program would be better than what he gets now. Still, depending on what round he might go in, I think it would be hard to resist staying. He is throwing a fastball around 93 and as a lefty that is going to be pretty desirable.

If you’re taken in the top 10 rounds, it’s hard to say no to the MLB. But it all depends on what the players goals/aspirations are. Jackson Rutledge stands to make a lot of money potentially. What good would a year in college do? I mean, no one knows for sure what will happen but I’m not hopeful either one sets foot on campus next fall.

Jackson is all but gone. His words seem to indicate that pretty clearly. Knowles is probably more on the fence, but he has shown out quite well in the two years he's pitched, both at Washington and again this season in a very competitive JUCO league. When Knowles speaks he does seem like he is just taking it one day at a time (ha, Bull Durham) and doesn't already have one foot in the minors. So, at least he's a possibility. Prep baseball report has Knowles as the 8th best JUCO player and second best LHP.

Oraj Anu, I really haven't read any of his interviews, but he is also a top 10 round guy and most consider him already gone as far as I know. Here is an interview he did:

https://allthingsvalleyleague.com/2018/07/04/a-conversation-with-oraj-anu/

If you’re taken in the top 10 rounds, it’s hard to say no to the MLB. But it all depends on what the players goals/aspirations are. Jackson Rutledge stands to make a lot of money potentially. What good would a year in college do? I mean, no one knows for sure what will happen but I’m not hopeful either one sets foot on campus next fall.
I agree with you both, but I was just pointing out the point of view of someone who's been there.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT