ADVERTISEMENT

It was time

shidler25

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
Crossville, Illinois
Admittedly I was slower to come to terms that it was time for Cal to go than others. For me it was probably 2 years ago and if I remember correctly I posted as much and ate my crow on here.

Make no mistake about it we owe gratitude for Cal for what he did for our program when he came here. He was the perfect fit for what we needed. UK was becoming irrelevant after going through the last couple years of the Tubby era and the entire BCG era. He came in and all of a sudden UK was all over ESPN again and the stars came out again. The excitement those first 10 years were liken to the top of the Rick Pitino era. I will always be thankful for those years, the difference he made in those kids lives and the great things he did for the state and the University.

The past 5 years he go worn down, bitter and I believe was purposely confrontational with the fanbase at times. He believed he was bigger than the program. The longer it went on without any post season success the more toxic the fanbase became and the relationship between Cal and the fanbase was vissibly broken beyond repair.

Honestly this was the best possible scenario for both sides. Cal found a landing spot where he can have a solid shot at success and UK isn't held hostage by that buyout in the contract. It was simply time for both parties to move on. I hold no ill will nor do i feel compelled to be a Cal cheerleader going forward. I have no problem giving the man applause at some point but I hope we beat Arkansas by 30 points every time we face them.

Now we can recharge and be excited by the next coach. Make this a hire that cements your legacy Mitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News