ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any hope?

FanofUK

Freshman
Feb 7, 2006
I heard Saban on hard knocks saying losing is a better teacher than winning. These guys have pride and don't want to be embarrassed.

Can the o-line be fixed or at best be usable? Can we change our scheme to meet our personnel?
Is the backup running QB the better option with a bad online? I need something to root for, I hate UT and it looks like they could win it all.

Reactions: footerball
There is no hope of winning anything that matters but then again, there never really was/is.

Maybe they can do enough to win 6 and make a toilet bowl type bowl.

• Wow
Reactions: footerball
I just don't really see it. It's not as though we just have a few areas that need improvement. We are bad at every aspect of the game. Literally nothing to even build on to make our bread and butter. To top it all off, we have a coach who's never really had much of a knack for making improvements at best, and now I don't think he even cares. He acts like he wants to be fired so he can take his buyout and go home. Only thing to really hope for with our program is that somehow a coaching change is made, and that Barney makes the right hire. I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Brock looks too scared, IMO. If we’re going the portal route, have to get a proven guy. Even Leary would not have gone 3/10 for 30 yards.
lol. No QB would've done well yesterday under that crumbling OLine.

Jury is still out on BV. And I'm afraid just like Leary, we won't know what they could potentially have done because our OL couldn't stop traffic with a spike strip.

I just don't really see it. It's not as though we just have a few areas that need improvement. We are bad at every aspect of the game. Literally nothing to even build on to make our bread and butter. To top it all off, we have a coach who's never really had much of a knack for making improvements at best, and now I don't think he even cares. He acts like he wants to be fired so he can take his buyout and go home. Only thing to really hope for with our program is that somehow a coaching change is made, and that Barney makes the right hire. I'm not holding my breath for that either.
I’ve been a pretty staunch defender of Stoops, but this may be the end of that line for me. Just like it was for Cal when we lost to Oakland in the NCAA. That was my last straw. Missing a bowl this year and getting humiliated in games, as we are likely to be, will be my last straw. He will have to be forced out if that’s the case. He won’t have power programs coming after him anymore.

Question is who takes the job that will get us to the next level? Neal Brown has been mediocre at best. Wouldn’t foresee much change in the projection of the program. John Sumrall? Can he be successful and recruit at the SEC level? WHO is a realistic replacement that would project the program to at least where the lines of Ole Miss, Tennessee, Mizzou, are today being discussed as playoff possibilities?

I heard Saban on hard knocks saying losing is a better teacher than winning. These guys have pride and don't want to be embarrassed.

Can the o-line be fixed or at best be usable? Can we change our scheme to meet our personnel?
Is the backup running QB the better option with a bad online? I need something to root for, I hate UT and it looks like they could win it all.
We will get educated next week and for most of the season.

Stoops is paid too much to suck. He made more than Harbaugh last year. We know what the ceiling is. I expected a losing season with this schedule. I expected five wins (So. Miss, Ohio, Murray, Vandy, and Florida).

lol. No QB would've done well yesterday under that crumbling OLine.

Jury is still out on BV. And I'm afraid just like Leary, we won't know what they could potentially have done because our OL couldn't stop traffic with a spike strip.
Brock shows why he hardly played at Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT