ADVERTISEMENT

Is that excitement finally back?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Gotta say it’s been a very long time since I have felt this good about a Kentucky team. They are electric on the court, that excitement is definitely back for me. It certainly feels like Kentucky Basketball is on top of the world right now.

Reactions: MbergCat
Gotta say it’s been a very long time since I have felt this good about a Kentucky team. They are electric on the court, that excitement is definitely back for me. It certainly feels like Kentucky Basketball is on top of the world right now.
We're not quite to the point that other fan bases are flapping their gums about how good we are. We had that at this point of the season with both the John Wall and Anthony Davis teams, and also with the 2015 teams. This team is verging on that precipice.

I want to see how we do on the road this week. I also hope Thiero returns for more depth and hopefully defensive help.

It's a shame we may get 10 games regular season tops with a healthy team.

I’ve been enjoying the heck out of this team. They seem to be following a path to peak at the right time. If we can clean up defense and rebounding, we’ll be a tough game for any team come March.

I'm actually actively trying to temper my excitement about this team. The Wisconsin loss in 2015 broke something in my fandom, and I promised myself I'd never invest emotionally in another team like that again.

After that year, we've had a series of disappointments (2017 vs UNC, 9-16 year, Auburn in the Elite 8, St. Peters, K St x 2) which has only cemented my jaded outlook.

However, I'm a naturally optimistic guy, so I have to consciously tell myself to slow down when I see what we saw on Sat night and find myself thinking about final fours and championships.

I hope this is the team that fills the hole in my big blue heart left by the 2015 team.

I’m a “Cal hater” as some of you say. The reason being is he has absolutely refused to play the game the way this current team is playing. He has given me and every other member of the club good reason to be down on this program.

That said, I’ll give credit, he’s got something special in the making if he can see it through. I’m not at all ready to jump on that train, but I’m curious.

His job is to be competitive and win, and that cures all. If he gets back to that, the detractors will back off. No more historically bad seasons and losses…

I'm actually actively trying to temper my excitement about this team. The Wisconsin loss in 2015 broke something in my fandom, and I promised myself I'd never invest emotionally in another team like that again.

After that year, we've had a series of disappointments (2017 vs UNC, 9-16 year, Auburn in the Elite 8, St. Peters, K St x 2) which has only cemented my jaded outlook.

However, I'm a naturally optimistic guy, so I have to consciously tell myself to slow down when I see what we saw on Sat night and find myself thinking about final fours and championships.

I hope this is the team that fills the hole in my big blue heart left by the 2015 team.
One step at a time. I’m just hoping this team will be able to win the SEC right now.

I don't want to get excited, the reason as most listed above is our recent tournament failure. The last 8 minutes of the UGA game brought me back down to earth after the Big Z excitement.

But, just like each year as we get closer to March, that excitement builds and once the SEC tournament starts, I'll be bought in and hoping for #9.

Let's hope that we can get our issues on defense fixed.

My only concern for this team when everyone is completely healthy, is Cal not leaving the best combination of players on the court together for longer periods of time.

I’d rather see a Platoon (there’s that dirty word) than to see his Lottery Ball substitution patterns!

It was back man! But now we gotta do the NIT again. Maybe in a week we can be a final 4 team again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT