ADVERTISEMENT

Iowan Back....Kentucky the Class Of The SEC/First Hand Perspective

rucker4

Freshman
Dec 8, 2021
Hi again everyone. I'm visiting your board again from Iowa.

This time to once again say this about Kentucky:

Iowa has experienced the Kentucky players, coaches, and fans the past two years in the bowl games. Had little bad to say- felt overall they were class (the general theme among Hawkeyes).

I witnessed Kentucky's gymnastics team Thursday in Norman,OK in the regionals as Iowa competed in the same regional. Class team, class coach, class fans that followed them there. CONGRATS btw to Kentucky for now advancing to the gymnastics equivalent of the Final Four (final 8 in gymnastics)-- the Nationals in Texas in two weeks.

In the recent NCAA women''s basketball tournament, we have seen some classless actions from coaches and players at the three SEC schools we played in the tourney- Georgia, South Carolina, LSU. If you want specific detail, you can go to the basketball board here where I posted the detail since this is a football board.

Those school's actions not only made us more proud of our programs here in Iowa, but realized just how different Kentucky is from them too.

So as a Big 10 person, having tastes of 4 SEC schools in recent time, only yours stands out as classy. The other 3 not even in the same category. Guessing this might not surprise most of you-- but just my take in our dealings.

Wishing Mark Stoops and the Wildcats the absolute best in 2023. Will be rooting for you from Iowa City!

p.s. And I won't even talk about how both Georgia and LSU stayed in their locker rooms for the national anthem.

Last edited:
Those school's actions not only made us more proud of our programs here in Iowa, but realized just how different Kentucky is from them too.
Nice of you to post.

I suspect your impressions might be different had you been immersed in UK Basketball (only) fans, rather than Football (first) fans.

Our roundball fans cursing our Coach might not overly impress.

Nice of you to post.

I suspect your impressions might be different had you been immersed in UK Basketball (only) fans, rather than Football (first) fans.

Our roundball fans cursing our Coach might not overly impress.
Well, admittedly, your basketball board is pretty brutal towards Calipari. You saying "cursing" at Cal is an understatement. hahaha

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Well, admittedly, your basketball board is pretty brutal towards Calipari. You saying "cursing" at Cal is an understatement. hahaha
Had our “Spring Game” yesterday. Didn’t play in the stadium, but at the practice facility.

I’m guessing Iowa’s Spring Game is later for better weather.

Had our “Spring Game” yesterday. Didn’t play in the stadium, but at the practice facility.

I’m guessing Iowa’s Spring Game is later for better weather.
I believe our spring game is in two weeks. An "open practice" will also happen as it does annually this Saturday I believe.

Iowa has experienced the Kentucky players, coaches, and fans the past two years in the bowl games. Had little bad to say- felt overall they were class (the general theme among Hawkeyes).

I witnessed Kentucky's gymnastics team Thursday in Norman,OK in the regionals as Iowa competed in the same regional. Class team, class coach, class fans that followed them there. CONGRATS btw to Kentucky for now advancing to the gymnastics equivalent of the Final Four (final 8 in gymnastics)-- the Nationals in Texas in two weeks.

In the recent NCAA women''s basketball tournament, we have seen some classless actions from coaches and players at the three SEC schools we played in the tourney- Georgia, South Carolina, LSU. If you want specific detail, you can go to the basketball board here where I posted the detail since this is a football board.

So as a Big 10 person, having tastes of 4 SEC schools in recent time, only yours stands out as classy. The other 3 not even in the same category. Guessing this might not surprise most of you-- but just my take in our dealings.

Wishing Mark Stoops and the Wildcats the absolute best in 2023. Will be rooting for you from Iowa City!

p.s. And I won't even talk about how both Georgia and LSU stayed in their locker rooms for the national anthem.
Appreciate your remarks about UK and our fans. I can only speak for UK - but I have traveled to many of the venues and unfortunately found much of the same about other schools. However, I was at Alabama at a football game and also at Texas A & M and found both of those schools fans to be very friendly and welcoming to our fan base. So, hopefully you will find the same when you visit or participate in events with them. Overall very proud to say I'm from Kentucky and a UK alumnus. I have experienced the same with Iowa fans as well. Maybe thats what made Coach Stoops want to be our Coach? He and Kentucky seem to have made a good impression on the assistant coaches and recruiting more and more talent to Kentucky. As the song goes - "We are family" - seems to apply here!

Go Big Blue!

Appreciate your remarks about UK and our fans. I can only speak for UK - but I have traveled to many of the venues and unfortunately found much of the same about other schools. However, I was at Alabama at a football game and also at Texas A & M and found both of those schools fans to be very friendly and welcoming to our fan base. So, hopefully you will find the same when you visit or participate in events with them. Overall very proud to say I'm from Kentucky and a UK alumnus. I have experienced the same with Iowa fans as well. Maybe thats what made Coach Stoops want to be our Coach? He and Kentucky seem to have made a good impression on the assistant coaches and recruiting more and more talent to Kentucky. As the song goes - "We are family" - seems to apply here!

Go Big Blue!
Stoops brings his Ohio upbringing and his Iowa college roots to KY and has made it a priority at UK.

I can now only speak of KY, SC, GA, and LSU in my direct SEC first hand experiences-- though I've been to both Alabama and Auburn for gymnastics meets and things I guess were OK at each.

Stoops brings his Ohio upbringing and his Iowa college roots to KY and has made it a priority at UK.

I can now only speak of KY, SC, GA, and LSU in my direct SEC first hand experiences-- though I've been to both Alabama and Auburn for gymnastics meets and things I guess were OK at each.
Yes Rucker - and I have many friends from Ohio as well - even though I have lived in Florida for the last half century. Kentucky and Ohio folks have the same basic values and ideas about life most of the time - lol! From my little experience with people from Iowa I believe you can say the same about Iowa as well. I attended the bowl game in Orlando and I found the fans of Iowa to be loud, very supportive of their team and very nice people to banter with about football. Iowa fans enjoyed their time in Orlando from what I could tell - except for the results of the game of course. But if we were to ever have a "permanent" football opponent from the Big 10 I would prefer Iowa to be the one!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND

Go Big Blue!
Of course Bama is friendly when their kicking out asses. Try winning at BDS and see how that goes.

I've been to several Bama games, use to live in Metro B,ham area, and they're the most educated football fans I've ever been around. They recognize effort, talent, coaching and a the nunainces about the game. Generally their fans take winning and losing like anyone else. Wish I could say the same about Auburn, worst bunch of trash I,'ve ever been around. I actually quit going to their games, he'll they don't even like their own fans. My company furnished tickets to both but the clicks were so bad I gave my Aunurn tickets away, hated Jordan Hare.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
the recent NCAA women''s basketball tournament, we have seen some classless actions from coaches and players at the three SEC schools we played in the tourney- Georgia, South Carolina, LSU. If you want specific detail, you can go to the basketball board here where I posted the detail since this is a football board.
Then why mention it?

-the clark girl from Iowa is a word class shit talker...she backs it up, but folks shouldn't engage in pearl clutching when she gets it back from other players.

Reactions: Chino1176
-the clark girl from Iowa is a word class shit talker...she backs it up, but folks shouldn't engage in pearl clutching when she gets it back from other players.
Don't like TT, but as long as it stays between the lines I'll tolerate it. Thought the LSU girl taking it to the post game was out of bounds. Trash talking has been around for years.

thx-most of us try to treat others the way we’d like to be treated. Won’t always happen. But gotta keep trying. Thx again n best of luck

Big Ten Midwestern state vs Southern state divide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT