ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs. Nebraska

Remember last year when all the same people wanting to replace Stoops this year wanted Matt Ruhle to replace him last year?

Is Iowa the worst 10-2 team ever? Their offense is laughable. Defense is definitely legit so they're very rarely behind by much and they set the the offense up at least once every game.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Is Iowa the worst 10-2 team ever? Their offense is laughable. Defense is definitely legit so they're very rarely behind by much and they set the the offense up at least once every game.
Defense is what’s kept Ferentz employed. That and developing half of the NFL’s tight ends. But TE ‘s are about the extent of their offense.

Iowa will lose by 49 to 56 next week.

The big 10 divisions are a joke of talent disparity.
Nah, they’ll lose, that’s a certainty, but their D is legit and will keep it closer than that. I think OSU wins tomorrow, but I could see Iowa holding them under 30. But they may be lucky to get a field goal on Offense.

Seriously, why have they not addressed that? The people that run the B1G are like the people who run the NCAA. Just do not use any logic or reason.
There was a brief stretch of years before UGA became what they are, where we could say the same about the disparity of the east vs west in the SEC. Hell Missouri made it to the SEC championship game twice in a row. And South Carolina a couple years before that.

The crazy ending netted me a nice payout as I had Iowa +2.5 and the under. And the under BARELY held on as both teams were well ahead of the low pace in the first half. I root for Nebraska in the Big 10 so it was tough to see the outcome but I also saw it coming the Huskers because they have been incapable of holding onto the ball this year and lose in crazy ways.

Seriously, why have they not addressed that? The people that run the B1G are like the people who run the NCAA. Just do not use any logic or reason.

Well they are going to abolish divisions next year, so that problem will take care of itself. But the Athletic has raised a good point about how some of these super conferences are going to set up their own problems if you get 3 teams that go 9-0 and never play each other. Which 2 do you then have a conference title game with? They raised the point that it could easily happen in the Big 10 next year (but I forget which teams they said it could happen with).

And I think when the East/West split was created Michigan State was originally going to go out West but they threw a fit so that didn't happen.

It's kind of like how the ACC wedded itself to the hope that they'd always be getting Florida State vs. Miami in a big time title game most years when they went to divisions. Except when Miami came into the conference that's when their football program nosedived so it never really happened that way. And eventually ACC title games also became jokes.

I’d gladly take KY being like Iowa if we were 10-2. Unfortunately KY’s offense isn’t that far ahead of Iowas and our D is light years behind.

To be fair, Iowa lost their starting QB and top two TEs on offense to injuries, plus their AA DB, De Jean to injury, so not really the same team they started the season with.

The crazy ending netted me a nice payout as I had Iowa +2.5 and the under. And the under BARELY held on as both teams were well ahead of the low pace in the first half. I root for Nebraska in the Big 10 so it was tough to see the outcome but I also saw it coming the Huskers because they have been incapable of holding onto the ball this year and lose in crazy ways.

Well they are going to abolish divisions next year, so that problem will take care of itself. But the Athletic has raised a good point about how some of these super conferences are going to set up their own problems if you get 3 teams that go 9-0 and never play each other. Which 2 do you then have a conference title game with? They raised the point that it could easily happen in the Big 10 next year (but I forget which teams they said it could happen with).

And I think when the East/West split was created Michigan State was originally going to go out West but they threw a fit so that didn't happen.

It's kind of like how the ACC wedded itself to the hope that they'd always be getting Florida State vs. Miami in a big time title game most years when they went to divisions. Except when Miami came into the conference that's when their football program nosedived so it never really happened that way. And eventually ACC title games also became jokes.
That's a great point I hadnt thought about. I don't know what you do if you have 3 unbeaten teams. There's really no good way to fix that besides doing a semi-final where 4 teams play for the conference but that's just insane. At some point it's football and that's just too many games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT