ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting tweet from Goodman

The chances of these dudes actually being honest with that question is pretty low. Not to mention they might have wildly different criteria - like Drew getting an absurd bump because he’s won a title. Or Beard getting dropped because they don’t like him personally, etc

Reactions: bIhawk
Said this earlier in the season when we debated a coaching change - I'm not sure if people forget, don't realize, or in some cases are too young to know what Drew inherited 20 years ago and turned into a national championship (the same number as Cal, btw). Baylor was left for dead, a player murdered a teammate, and Coach Bliss got a 10-year show cause for all the sh*t he covered up ... drugs, abuse, cheating ... everything you can imagine. That was the worst job in sports when Drew took it .... and he consistently has top 10 recruiting classes and NBA players coming to WACO, Texas.

Don't judge him solely on what Baylor has done in the tournament every year. Have some vision and picture him with UK's resources, brand, etc.

His X's and O's, alone, put Cal to shame.

UK fans should feel good if Drew is the next coach.

I get it, it's not the sexiest hire - e.g., Hurley or Wright .... but come on, friends.

Classic PYSOPS Campaign, they want who they believe they can beat!
exactly, Goodman does not like Kentucky and Dauster is a UCONN fan.... Most media guys dont want Kentucky to become another giant.... same reason when Calipari was here firing on all cyclinders there was such a negative campaign out there to get us/him.... They are scared of a Pitino esque run... I dont know why but the college basketball world does not want UK to have a coach like Duke and UNC were lucky enough to have for decades of success. Maybe I'm paranoid or crazy. I feel it's always been harder on and harder for Kentucky and if we had gotten the breaks and luck of these other schools , it would be 15 titles not 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT