ADVERTISEMENT

I'm proud to have the Twins as our starting backcourt!!

new era cat

Senior
Apr 7, 2007
I bashed them a ton last year and they were a major reason we were national runner up. Incredible heart and effort I was wrong and I know it.
6 hard fought games that will be used for the run this year that I believe we will get number 9. It can't be substituted.
So they went 6-30 and missed layups. Big deal. I saw them getting pummeled to the floor also.
They mope and pout because they care. So do I.

I don't remember a year when I was so confident that we would no doubt bring home another trophy this early in the season and them coming back this year was a big reason why.

Agree. These are the kind of kids that deserve being rooted for. Instead we have so many that bash them.

There is a segment that waits with baited breath for one or both to have a bad game . The biggest but not the only reason is that they have convinced themselves that Ulis and Bookers will start the game and their minutes will go up . They can't see the logic in rooting for both , to them it has to be one or the other . Easily dismissed as it's the worst posters on the board doing it .

I don't care who starts the game because I want all of our players to do well and if they have a bad game I will still support them because im a fan of UK . Besides that I will never forget what the twins did for us last year in the tournament , I'm proud to have them represent my team .

I agree, i thought the game was over after Andrew rolled his ankle and went out. Ulis is struggling since the UL game, hopefully he gets back in a groove and we will be ok.

I completely agree. I like all of our players and am glad they chose to be here. I miss seeing Alex get to play with this group.

These last two games have been nerve wracking as a fan, I think as fans we see that 40-0 is possible and want to obtain that so bad. However when that goal is threatened it amplifies our reactions and emotions. Imagine that stress is on these young men more than we can imagine. We as fans need to remember the team is made up of young men not machines.

They have shown a will to win, let's hope they gained valuable experience from this first week of conference games.

Thank you team for a 15-0 start and being ranked #1. Keep up the hard work. Let's Go Wildcats!

Originally posted by Richard Cory:
I completely agree. I like all of our players and am glad they chose to be here. I miss seeing Alex get to play with this group.

These last two games have been nerve wracking as a fan, I think as fans we see that 40-0 is possible and want to obtain that so bad. However when that goal is threatened it amplifies our reactions and emotions. Imagine that stress is on these young men more than we can imagine. We as fans need to remember the team is made up of young men not machines.

They have shown a will to win, let's hope they gained valuable experience from this first week of conference games.

Thank you team for a 15-0 start and being ranked #1. Keep up the hard work. Let's Go Wildcats!
Thumbs up

Love the twins - but I think way too many "fans" are too quick to be negative on players. We need to support them, good or bad - trust the coaches and support the team!

Every player has had bad games this year AND every player has won a game or been one of the keys to us winning a game this year. That is why they call it a team....

Originally posted by Xception:
There is a segment that waits with baited breath for one or both to have a bad game . The biggest but not the only reason is that they have convinced themselves that Ulis and Bookers will start the game and their minutes will go up . They can't see the logic in rooting for both , to them it has to be one or the other . Easily dismissed as it's the worst posters on the board doing it .

I don't care who starts the game because I want all of our players to do well and if they have a bad game I will still support them because im a fan of UK . Besides that I will never forget what the twins did for us last year in the tournament , I'm proud to have them represent my team .
GREAT GREAT post!! I wish more fans thought like you and me. We should all support 1 team and not individual players. Sure it's fine to have favorites, but support and cheer for them all. Bashing doesn't do any good for anyone.

I like this thread in general, but it's a false choice to say that one must *either* support the team as a whole or be critical of individuals.

Those being critical are doing so on a message board, the purpose of which is to discuss any and all aspects of the team and to offer one's opinion. That's all it is--an opinion. There are plenty of places to go for back slapping and thematic parroting. I'd post links but I don't think that's appreciated by the folks that work hard to keep this board running.

I love the twins!! They don't blink. No matter how good or bad things are going, they never give up, and they always exude confidence.

ncaa-ff-notes-4-5-art-gqnrs4mu-1sports-bkc-kentucky-lville-037-m.jpg

In response to thread title regarding proud of the twins :
I agree strongly....As do quite literally 99% of our fans, and the UK coaching staff. Those guys are tough competitors.

The vocal 1% that post negativity about our players on this and similar message boards, (and likely send angry twitter messages to the players, etc) make me very uncomfortable.

If there were one thing I would like to see improved upon for this team, it would be our bigs working on improving and finishing more consistently around the basket. This will open up a more space and driving lanes for our guards.

This team is going nowhere without all 4 of Booker, Harrison Twins, and Ulis. That is not debatable.

We have a segment of unintelligent losers on this message board who only attack 2 players when they have off games. They never attack say Ulis, Towns, Johnson, WCS, Lyles, etc. They also never give these two credit when they help win a game, ala Ole Miss. I am fine with some criticism, but everyone played bad yesterday for the most part. Booker and Lyles played the "best" of our guys, but Booker's D was rough at times (and that is why he was taken out some), and Lyles just disappears too much at times. He is a stud in the making, needs to be shooting more and more involved in our zone offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT