ADVERTISEMENT

If Brad white is back next year

I think CMS strength and passion is on the defensive side. I would love to see him coach under a proven HC that understands/embraces both sides of the equation. With our current AD, that won’t ever happen, but I can dream about it.

Stoops has made UK football more than watchable. But his philosophy on defense is a bad fit. Said from day 1, that bend don’t break scheme will never work without some pro talent on that side of the ball and UK can’t recruit the kind of talent needed.

CMS has recruited better than the historic average but it’s not good enough year to year. It is what it is.

Sad thing is it's mainly one guy destroying the efforts of the rest. Safeties cost us a ton of points vs Georgia, Mizzou, and now bama. Also at least one TD vs UT

Bama ran the same concept 5 or so times and had a layup for a massive play 4 of those times. After the same guy gives up the first two, he has to sit. Granted they put Geiger in and he was slow to carry the route but at least it wasn't a total bust

Now I absolutely agree it's the coaches' fault for marching the same guy out there despite the continuous massive screw ups. Childress, good as he is, should've been on the bench after Georgia. It's that simple.

White doesn’t look good under stoops and I continue to be baffled why any coach aspiring to move up the coaching tree would want to coach under stoops and his BS pansy ass football schemes.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I hear SEC TV commentators laud Brad White all the time and I can't figure out why. In fact they talk about our entire staff in similar ways. Liam Coen is their latest nuthug.
I'm just not seeing it.
Because in their eyes they see still see us as Joker Phillips program

White doesn’t look good under stoops and I continue to be baffled why any coach aspiring to move up the coaching tree would want to coach under stoops and his BS pansy ass football schemes.
Ever noticed how much better the coaches who left looked after leaving? Neal Brown killed it at Troy, Shannon Dawson is making some noise at Miami, John Sumrall is revered ar Troy currently, Matt House was a hot name for LSU after his NFL stint, Eric Wolford? Was horrid under Stoops but Saban seems to be a fan . Hinshaw at UCF seems much better off. Dean Hood seems to be living his best life now.

Seems to point to the fact that Stoops holds his assistants back

Ever noticed how much better the coaches who left looked after leaving? Neal Brown killed it at Troy, Shannon Dawson is making some noise at Miami, John Sumrall is revered ar Troy currently, Matt House was a hot name for LSU after his NFL stint, Eric Wolford? Was horrid under Stoops but Saban seems to be a fan . Hinshaw at UCF seems much better off. Dean Hood seems to be living his best life now.

Do what?

Neal Brown....how it WVU doing with him?
Shannon Dawson was a mess at Southern Miss, Houston and Miami while good early has thudded down to earth.
Matt House is DC at LSU....they have a worse stat defense than UK...and way more talent
Eric Wolford...Bama was pissed last year and they are giving up more sacks to Milroe than UK
Hinshaw? Mr facebook selling UK merch? Really?

John Sumrall is about the only coach thriving after UK...and a guy I'd love for UK to get back to as he's talented dude.

Brown's team gave up 59 last night, Dawson's QBs were a combined 10 for 30 yesterday, Hood was pounded...again and is now 2-8, could be fired, House gave up 35 at home to a meh UF offense, UCF did win Sat but is only .500. JON Sumrall has done well, Wolford is a really good OL coach.

If we had a couple of pass rushers, White would be fine.
1. White is rhe jack and Sam edge coaches. He coached up Josh allen and Boogie Watson…so it’s his position group…maybe he can coach it up
2. Explain the teams running at Ky this season? That ain’t pass rush
3. Explain our safety play that blown a coverage a play a game or more in sec play?

I hear SEC TV commentators laud Brad White all the time and I can't figure out why. In fact they talk about our entire staff in similar ways. Liam Coen is their latest nuthug.
I'm just not seeing it.
Totally agree but it’s actually simple.

We are lowly UK football slightly better under this staff so acceptable at UK. Don’t ask for anything more. Know your place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT