ADVERTISEMENT

I would have spent thousands....

YankeeCpt

Sophomore
May 7, 2009
on the airline tickets...
and tickets to the game to have those seat wide open in the first sections.....
EFF THOSE "FANS"!

on the airline tickets...
and tickets to the game to have those seat wide open in the first sections.....
EFF THOSE "FANS"!
Are you talking about last nights UK game? Is so I’m calling Bull$hit . You can get into almost any UK game and get good seats for most of them. Especially against a team of that quality .

any time I go to a UK game... with airline tickets, hotels, tickets to game....
thousand+....
i would easily add a bit to sit behind the bench....
these seats were never available...
and anything down near the court is THOUSANDS.
if these seats were made available at a reasonable price- i would have purchased them and the above.

just disappointing to see so many empty seats.

Tickets were definitely available. I didn't get my two until a week prior to the game.

I feel like for these quality teams UK kind of priced themselves out here. Between tickets, parking and food it becomes a bit expensive to watch them beat up on little sisters of the poor.

That team is 0 and 3. Kempom ranked 302. The two teams who played them before we did beat them by even bigger margins than we did.

If you would have paid big money to see two-thirds of our team play them live, good for you.

If you’re mad at other fans because they didn’t do that, though, you’ve got issues that run deeper than basketball.

Reactions: UK90 and yoshukai
You can get 2 tickets 4 rows behind the visitor bench for the Stonehill game for $350 apiece.

Or you can sit 6 rows up from midcourt for a couple hundred each. Have fun.
No way in the world would I pay that much for tickets in those spots. Maybe a quarter of that.

The crappy games aren't worth seeing live and the good games are too expensive.

What's a guy to do :)

Basically.

I think the best thing to do is go to the in between games. Like the Marshall game you should be able to get a reasonably priced ticket and that has the potential to be a somewhat decent game.

Reactions: DraftCat
There have always been open seats in the good sections where the blue hairs sit. They can afford to skip the cupcake games and go to the good ones.

But seriously, in this day and age these tickets are all resold online. It's gonna cost a ridiculous amoun5 I'm personally not willing to pay, but you can get great seats these days. Just gotta pony up!

There have always been open seats in the good sections where the blue hairs sit. They can afford to skip the cupcake games and go to the good ones.

But seriously, in this day and age these tickets are all resold online. It's gonna cost a ridiculous amoun5 I'm personally not willing to pay, but you can get great seats these days. Just gotta pony up!
There have never been anywhere close to as many empty seats as now.

True but I think people are incorrect attributing that to UK. It's like that with most sports these days with all teams.

True but I think people are incorrect attributing that to UK. It's like that with most sports these days with all teams.
Agreed, but then again UK's program is supposed to be the Gold Standard and a Blue Blood and set the example. People would be coming to the games in much higher numbers if Cal had left 5-6 years ago. The longer he lingers, the more damage that gets done and the more people get out of the routine of going. And it will be that much harder to get them back.

Have dinner/drinks in a bar nearby Rupp with a TM or SH app open and wait for the inevitable price drop as tipoff approaches...you may miss a few minutes but pay a lot less in most cases...

The younger” brown hairs” just don’t support UK like the older fans have done.

Content to sit home and watch. Work social media with their comments.
Granted the prices are too high. Coaches and player pricing have driven txs too high.
I split txs with my 2 sons and that’s a good thing.
I would also suggest attending a few high school sports as an option. Found them to be entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT