ADVERTISEMENT

I could be completely off base…

KINGBEAST

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I believe UK Basketball is gonna right a lot of wrongs this year (and in the near future).

Am I overly optimistic? Yeah, probably so but that’s what UK Basketball is all about and always has been…We expect extraordinary things from extraordinary talent.

Actually, we even expect extraordinary things from mediocre talent when it comes to UK Basketball. Not fair but it is what it is.

First off, until the injuries we were rockin’ last year, so let’s not bullshit anybody or ourselves about that. It’s a fact and it was fun. You know it and I know it. Then we faded like my old blue jeans from 1987. (Btw- I miss those jeans. So tight in the crotchel region).

JMO, but I think Cal‘s ego is wounded and he’s pissed….and I’m glad. He needs to be reinvigorated by whatever means available. He makes a shit-load of money so kick him in the nads if he’s not producing and he hasn’t been producing to the level we proud Kentuckians expect. I do believe a pissed off-ego bruised Cal is superior to complacent/rich Cal.

Bottom line….I don’t feel sorry for Cal. Not one damn bit.

But, I do think he knows that he must evolve and that playing fast and aggressive has so much potential. He/we witnessed it first hand when his team was at full health last season (and damn it was fun). Just go back and watch the Allen Field House demolition. So beautiful. So brutal. So right.

We’ve got the superstar, Oscar (thank the Lord). We’ve got a PG who can push the pace. We’ve got a scoring 2G. We’ve got a shooter or 2. Got a pimp at the 3. We’ve got some athleticism at the 4. So…..let’s resurrect this thing of ours.

Also, I think Antigua and Chinn are the magical duo that will make recruiting exciting again. They have the talent so let them make those early offers, coach!

We’ll be fine. You’ll see. So keep the faith, BBN.

Cheers all,
KB

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News