ADVERTISEMENT

Hope we don't meet up with Indiana in the tournament.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
I shudder to think what the Hoosiers' perimeter shooting would do against UK.

Didn't we have one team out of 15 who actually shot lights out on us? aTm didn't do it. What makes you think undersized, untalented Indiana could do that to us, Rob?

I'm praying that you're being sarcastic, op.

IU better shoot 20-30 from 3 point range if they wanted to beat us because we would absolutely maul that high school front court of theirs.

meet up with Indiana?.....you're CRAZY man.

We've played a couple of tight games, but there's no way the Cats are going to the NIT this year!

LOL. Would it really surprise any of us if both IU and UL end up in UK's regional? Certainly not me. Heck should we slip to a #2 seed it'd probably be those 2 along with Duke as the #1.

The OP had several of you bite on this. I hate to say this but I think the hoosiers get in the NCAA because the big 10 is weak this year.

Saw the game as well. Only way we meet IU is if they are a 16 seed.

We've "Got their (blank) in a bag" a friend of my said.

I think it meant "we've got 'em covered"... that's the way I took it.
wink.r191677.gif

IU isn't going to the NIT. The perceived strength of the Big Ten will get at least 7 or 8 of their teams in the dance. The Hoosiers will definitely be one of them, barring a major, major collapse. 9-9 in the league gets them to 20 wins, 2 of their OOC wins are top 50 wins and beating OSU yesterday is another one.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that IU could make a good run in the Big10 this year and get a bid to the NCAAT. I am stubbornly holding onto that sneaky suspicion (which I've had for sometime now) that the selection committee, if it can somehow, possibly, even remotely, justify putting the Hoosiers into a 8 or 9 seed slot, that they will ABSOLUTELY land in our region.

Think about it, we're likely to get the midwest region. IU would be a natural fit there IF they make the NCAAT at all. I know, I know, it seems crazy to think they will make it right now. BUT, if the committee can reasonably make an argument when the time comes, they'll make it, and I can see them wanting to pit IU and UK together, for obvious reasons.

This post was edited on 1/11 11:51 AM by runt#69

Originally posted by stevo51:
I hop we DO get to play them. We'll put a monumental butt whipping on them.
I agree and I can almost already hear most IU fans saying we upset them. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT