ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want to play IU, you're worse than any opposing fan. You deserve a crowbar to the face. It's just as important as the UL game. The fact that we no longer play IU is an absolute travesty and is embarrassing to be perfectly frank. Grow a sack, you bitches.

Golden Grahams in a landslide.

Reactions: HossCat73
"You Never Even Called Me By My Name."
He mentions Steve Goodman in the song, but it's actually a song written mostly by my boy John Prine. The story goes that Goodman started writing it in a hotel room, but was struggling for a title. Prine came in and spit out "you don't have to call me darlin', darlin', you never even call me by my name", and Prine allowed Goodman's name to be on it. Out of generosity, Goodman bought Prine a jukebox for foregoing the royalties on the song.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
Not in the least am I scared of IU - it's just, they haven't done anything in 30 freaking years.

So we should play them because they were a great program from 1945-1987? [laughing] OK. While we're at it, let's schedule a home-and-home with CCNY.

So we should play them because of geography? OK, well, better get all of the KY schools on the schedule too.

I get both sides of the argument. But let IU rebuild their effing program so they're worth a shit, and then call us.

Then, I'll gladly play them every year. Until then, no need for us to give them a hand up. Again, they can GGP.

You'd know Steve Goodman did not write that f'n song like David Allen Coe said on the album if you had ever been to Redmon's.
well, he did write parts of it, including the final verse, which is different from Coe's version. prine wrote a lot of it.

Last edited:
-Wiped out after a long week and weekend. Been a long summer, hard to complain though.

-Finally back to catching up on KSR and football. Sad to think this So Miss game is probably the most important in the Stoops Era. No more excuses, lose this one and any hope at saving the fan base is gonzo. It would take some major upsets to right that ship. He needs a win and a convincing one at that.

-I like chocolate cover glazed Krispy Kreme.

-MCF was a cereal guy, it's whatever for me.

-Actually started a home project. Not a huge one but multi stage and something I could have easily outsourced.

-Weak excuses LC. You've been on here 15 years.

-I have no idea someone as tiny as my wife can create so much damn noise. It's unbelievable. It's like she just sits in the kitchen banging pots and pans together.

-F*ck IU. All the pumps in the world aren't enough. I don't care about your POS friends that pull for IU and bragging rights. F*ck that shit stain of a University.

You know some David Allan Coe songs Steve Goodman definitely didn't write? Little Susie Shallow Throat, Ninja Toucher, Cum Stains on the Pillow, etc.

Now I Lay Me Down to Cheat is an underrated Coe song imo

Reactions: Midway Cat
The Ride >>> You Never Even Called Me By My Name

Spalding's chocolate glazed > Rolling Pin (Owensboro) chocolate long johns >>>>> anything else.

Man, F#ck IU. Going back to Bloomington after all the racist shit they pulled would be like Obama going to a Trump rally. In Evansville.

Kid: Count Chocula or Honey-Combs. Adult: Crispix, Cheerios in any variation.

#WhatHappenedinVegasDidntStayInVegas

@73, your kids will like those duck boat tours in Pittsburgh. Carnegie is also cool. PNC is my favorite ballpark in baseball.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Man that FSU WR/autism story tugs on a unrecognizable set of heart strings. Similar to the little boy in Syria. I assume that fear is just always going to be there?

I don't really care if we play IU or not to be honest. It isn't fear it is indifference. Its not a travesty Vern so get pumped.

Indiana is the worst state in America.

IU has the most delusional, self-entitled fan base in America.

Perfect match. **** them from now to eternity.

Last edited:
Logged over 70k steps in the last few days. No blowouts, haven't had to call anybody to come get me.

Last day in Spain. It's been awesome. Only real complaint is the "laid back service" at restaurants. I mean, it's not like I'm in a real rush, but waiting 45 minutes for the check after I've asked three times is a bit much. This has happened several times, although this was the most extreme.
# Learn turning tables.

No clue what Admiral Nelson is. College kids will drink anything. Congrats on your inexpensive lifestyle.

Would like to meet LC too. Maybe we'll pass each other in the international terminal or the Crown lounge sometime.

Cal can make whatever schedule he chooses, just hang championship banners.

Caught up on KSR podcast. Feel terrible for Teddy. Listening to Mags fumble around with medical terms is my hatboggin.

Enjoy the game wildcat friends. Can't wait to read about it. If you can't be there, Gyero is the best alternative.

On rooftop pool this morning. Off to a farm in the country that makes delicious meats. [smoke]

Last edited:
So, to summarize, Indiana University is the David Allen Coe of college basketball. It had some high points back in the day, but even those high points were created by an epic asshole, and now it is just a bitter, sad, pathetic mess.

I see no point in playing IU or attending a David Allen Coe concert.

In related news, if I coached against Indiana, I am not sure I could prevent myself from throwing a chair across the court. Wouldn't do it any other time, but come on, that's a ripe opportunity.

Some of my best UK Basketball memories (regular season games that is) are from the Indiana series. I think the game should be back on the schedule, but played primarily at a neutral site. I like the Lexington - Indianapolis - Louisville (ridiculous that we can't use the Yum! Center but whatever...need to make that work) - Bloomington rotation.

What happened in Bloomington last time was a perfect storm of shit, but the history of the 2 programs is too much to ignore. Kentucky should try to play Indiana, Louisville, Michigan State, North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, and UCLA as much as possible.

How about an NSFW warning, bud?

Didn't realize these people would be using curse words. Unacceptable.

That video really doesn't really describe the atmosphere. Just a "snap"shot. But it was pretty hostile. The language really wasn't that big of a deal...but that racially charged stuff was over the top. And it was definitely there.

Then again, most road environments are hostile. See MSU and the Cousins call...Bogans/Fitch...etc.

cousinsx-large.jpg

uk1_zoom.jpg

And the biggest black eye of all...

WALSH IS GAY...clap clap clap clap clap.

WALSH IS GAY...clap clap clap clap clap

WALSH IS GAY...clap clap clap clap clap

Which really was beyond stupid in hindsight, considering his girlfriend at the time was...

Lauren_Anderson.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall12
- Good riddance, August. Jeezus- seemed like it lasted a year.

- How does everyone feel about the UNDER 63.5 for the Cats Saturday night? Time to start losing some money again.

- Well, I'll be damned, Ballers FINALLY has a good storyline. It will be interesting to see what happens with Spencer.

- CFB just doesn't F around...

UCLA-Texas A&M
Houston-Oklahoma
Georgia-UNC
Florida State-Ole Miss
USC-Bama
Notre Dame-Texas
LSU-Wisconsin
Clemson-Auburn

:scream:
:football:
:beer:
:raised_hands:
:fire:

- Vouchers will be exchanged on a first-come, first-served basis on game days at the student entrance (Gate 15) of Commonwealth Stadium, as long as seating remains. By overselling the student section by a reasonable amount (based on historical data), the purchase of a voucher does not necessarily guarantee admittance into the stadium.

- Kentucky has reserved approximately 5,000 student seats per game, including approximately 4,000 in the lower-level student section and 1,000 in the upper level. Up to 6,250 vouchers will be sold. Thus, admission into Commonwealth Stadium is only guaranteed for the first 5,000 students that enter with a voucher.

- The first 4,000 students to enter with a voucher will receive a wristband for the lower level student section. Wristbands are valid for general admission seating in sections 34-40. Once all lower level wristbands have been distributed, remaining students will exchange their voucher for an upper-level assigned seat, while supplies last.

If we were good at football there might be some outrage to this, but I'd say the first time someone buys a ticket and gets turned away they'll just go back to drinking.

So, to summarize, Indiana University is the David Allen Coe of college basketball. It had some high points back in the day, but even those high points were created by an epic asshole, and now it is just a bitter, sad, pathetic mess.

I see no point in playing IU or attending a David Allen Coe concert.

In related news, if I coached against Indiana, I am not sure I could prevent myself from throwing a chair across the court. Wouldn't do it any other time, but come on, that's a ripe opportunity.

Maybe you should prevent yourself from posting, lose your keyboard, etc.

Is there a single, non-redneck idiot that genuinely wants a wall built, and thinks it is a good idea?

I have a hard time believing an intelligent person could honestly think it's a good idea.

Is there a single, non-redneck idiot that genuinely wants a wall built, and thinks it is a good idea?

I have a hard time believing an intelligent person could honestly think it's a good idea.
Intelligent? No.

Eligible to vote? Millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT