ADVERTISEMENT

Great Comment from Louisville Fan

Shawn (uk7spd)

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2006
This one should definitely go on the "UK stole my fish" top 10. A thread on Louisville's Scout board discusses the updated Wooden Aware Watch rankings. One poster scoffed at the inclusion of WCS, arguing that he is useless on offense. He then states: "But I guess they need to have at least one player from that team on the list. Individually, they are not very good."

Woah, hold on, wait a minute...is this guy actually saying that Cal has coached a bunch of "not very good" college players into the best team in the nation with one of the best defenses in history that just beat a top Louisville team rather easily on their own court? Surely he can't be saying that, right?

Just add this to the long line of hypocrisies (and not just from Louisville fans) when it comes to UK.

Originally posted by Shawn (uk7spd):
This one should definitely go on the "UK stole my fish" top 10. A thread on Louisville's Scout board discusses the updated Wooden Aware Watch rankings. One poster scoffed at the inclusion of WCS, arguing that he is useless on offense. He then states: "But I guess they need to have at least one player from that team on the list. Individually, they are not very good."

Woah, hold on, wait a minute...is this guy actually saying that Cal has coached a bunch of "not very good" college players into the best team in the nation with one of the best defenses in history that just beat a top Louisville team rather easily on their own court? Surely he can't be saying that, right?

Just add this to the long line of hypocrisies (and not just from Louisville fans) when it comes to UK.
This is exactly the kind of comment from Louisville fans I was pointing out before the UK-UL game this year. They put themselves in this trick bag every year. Our players individually aren't very good. They're all overrated. Part of the hype machine. Paper all stars. Their players are better. Every year.

Then, we beat them. Over and over and over again. To the tune of, now, 7 times out of 8 tries since Calipari came to UK. Well, holy hell, if our players aren't that good, yet we are absolutely owning them on the court, I guess you have to admit Cal is a superior coach to Pitino? Nope. The line changes to "well he's only won 1 championship in 5 years with by far the most talent in the country, so he's pretty much a failure. My grandma could coach that group to the final four."

Wait ... what? I thought we weren't that talented? I thought our players are overrated? Huh?

UofL fans' basketball analysis is always a moving target. It is fun to watch them change their critiques of UK as the season goes on. It usually starts at the beginning of the season somewhere around "UK can't win with freshman stars" and lands at the end of the season around "UK lost in the title game? A baboon could have coached that team to a title."

And I'm sure they're still stating Harrell is the best big in the nation, even though he constantly disappears in big games.

A lot of people say "Dont argue basketball with Louisville fans", but I say if we didn't we would not end up with gems like this.

The dumbest of the dumb...period. Somebody needs to take a crap on Zipp's thread over on rivals about the platoon system. He's mocking Hawkins and Lee and questioning minutes played.

If you have time to waste just keep track of some of his posts. I swear every prediction or rant he makes comes back to bite him in his arse. It's on par with "Wrong on purpose", but in an eery reverse karma kind of way. Makes you wonder what is going to really happen to him for trying to give that little 72 year old lady swimming lessons?!?!?!?

someone else in here said it best "fans have a right to be stupid, but tard fans abuse the privilege".

Originally posted by STL_Cat:

This is exactly the kind of comment from Louisville fans I was pointing out before the UK-UL game this year. They put themselves in this trick bag every year. Our players individually aren't very good. They're all overrated. Part of the hype machine. Paper all stars. Their players are better. Every year.

Then, we beat them. Over and over and over again. To the tune of, now, 7 times out of 8 tries since Calipari came to UK. Well, holy hell, if our players aren't that good, yet we are absolutely owning them on the court, I guess you have to admit Cal is a superior coach to Pitino? Nope. The line changes to "well he's only won 1 championship in 5 years with by far the most talent in the country, so he's pretty much a failure. My grandma could coach that group to the final four."

Wait ... what? I thought we weren't that talented? I thought our players are overrated? Huh?
This is exactly correct. They move the target/argument to suit whatever twisted, demented point they are trying to make. There is no basis in common logic, reason, or even sanity.

Nice summary, STL_Cat...or do you prefer "hwker"?
wink.r191677.gif

You guys nailed it.

Keep your story straight, linebeards.

i mistakenly posted this on another thread:

this was posted on a uavel board:

All four previous Louisville teams to make it through 15 games with no losses to teams outside the AP top 18 have gone to the Elite Eight or further.

==================

so, i guess they now have a legit shot at the final four?

Originally posted by bigbluelou:

This is exactly correct. They move the target/argument to suit whatever twisted, demented point they are trying to make. There is no basis in common logic, reason, or even sanity.

wink.r191677.gif
It's because they are bouncing back and forth between denial and bargaining stages of grief.

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg
UL fans are victims of "Traumatic Bonding", a form of "Stockholm Syndrome".

"Traumatic bonding occurs as the result of ongoing cycles of abuse in which the intermittent reinforcement of reward and punishment creates powerful emotional bonds that are resistant to change
"

"Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors"

Originally posted by ukwazoo:
Thanks for the update on fans of a school most of us could not care less about.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Ahhh, there it is...the comment from the crowd that doesn't like the topic posted, so he's damn sure to let you know about it instead of simply ignoring the thread.

God love you...

3dgrin.r191677.gif

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Chokehawks despise you pretty badly.

Good job.

We own their asses so completely and they just cannot stand it.

Wait ... what? I thought we weren't that talented? I thought our play[/B]ers are overrated? Huh?

Exactly. And their one win in their NC year came over us by 3 points on their floor. Foolhardy fans for sure.

Originally posted by gossie21:
UofL fans' basketball analysis is always a moving target. It is fun to watch them change their critiques of UK as the season goes on. It usually starts at the beginning of the season somewhere around "UK can't win with freshman stars" and lands at the end of the season around "UK lost in the title game? A baboon could have coached that team to a title."
It seems to me that the UL fans live through their conferences. They beat UCONN last season and then we lost to UCONN in the finals and the UL fans act like that is something for them to hang their hats on.

They are out of ideas. I had a UL fan that found one of my Rupp tickets on the ground in front of my house actually tape the ticket to my door with a snarky note. If the best they can do is poke fun at a couple close games in the midst of their losing streak to us, times are pretty freaking good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT