ADVERTISEMENT

Good to see 2 guys step up

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
in crunch time Lyles hits2 fts after missing his priori. Drains a jumper and blocks a shot. Dakari with clutch fts rebounds and a low post basket. These two win the game for us late. Has to give them confidence. Saw some flashes from Trey today that he is on the verge. Dakari has to get more explosive. Bend those knees and power up to the rim. He came through today. Both did!

Agreed but don't forget Ulis for 3 with about 1:30 left in 2nd OT when game was tied.
AM never recovered from that dagger.

Your right! Tyler with the three was huge. Dakari and Trey were a pleasant surprise. Nice to see new end of game winning playmakers. Will help long term for sure.

i was flat out crapping my pants when lyles went to the line . Such a clutch shot. I mean in that situation you have to make both . going 1-2 that time doesn't help at all really with only 5 or so seconds left in the game. But he made both ( though i had my eyes closed and the sound off ) . SOO clutch . More then anything , that and the Ulis 3 is what took away from the game as seeing that those freshmen can win games in the clutch is huge.

Lyles really did well today on those free throws. But I think he needs another year. If not "need" he could "use" another year.

Lyles and Towns both need more touches around the foul line, they can both hit that jumper or pass it inside from there. We got to do something to open up the zone and hack,slap defenses these teams are throwing at us.

Oh yeah. Frankly all of them Towns included could use another year. We have to start scoring better from inside 10 feet and at the basket.

Originally posted by caneintally:
i was flat out crapping my pants when lyles went to the line . Such a clutch shot. I mean in that situation you have to make both . going 1-2 that time doesn't help at all really with only 5 or so seconds left in the game. But he made both ( though i had my eyes closed and the sound off ) . SOO clutch . More then anything , that and the Ulis 3 is what took away from the game as seeing that those freshmen can win games in the clutch is huge.
Possibly the 2 clutchest FTs I have ever witnessed by a UK player. I know about the 2 Macy made v Michigan St in Regional Final in 78 but I was only 11 yrs old and didn't see them.

This post was edited on 1/10 11:05 PM by KWilt43atbuzz

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:

Originally posted by caneintally:
Possibly the 2 clutchest FTs I have ever witnessed by a UK player. I know about the 2 Macy made v Michigan St in Regional Final in 78 but I was only 11 yrs old and didn't see them.

This post was edited on 1/10 11:05 PM by KWilt43atbuzz
Master at the end of regulation.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
Agreed but don't forget Ulis for 3 with about 1:30 left in 2nd OT when game was tied.
AM never recovered from that dagger.
The moment when I finally took a breath of "we got this" relief, huge shot by Ulis and great assist from Lyles on the play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT