ADVERTISEMENT

Funnest team since…?

Gotta wait and see how fun it is against good teams. Gotta get some good wins. Seeding matters.

This is the best passing team I've ever seen us have without question, 2017 was fun but it was basically 3 players. This team has at least 5 long time NBA players.
Go Cats!!

It has to be 2017, and even that team didn't REALLY get going until the 2nd half of the season.

I'd say this is the best we've played, the most fun, this early, and the highest potential, since 2015. You get two of these bigs back and in theory, you could platoon. We are THAT deep and talented 1-4.

I’m going to go back to 2015 early season version. 2017 was good, but we have more guys on this team.
I gotta give it more time but Malik Monk single-handedly taking over the UNC game was one of the most incredible performances I’d ever seen. Right now 2017 has my vote for most fun but this team has plenty of time to give us more exciting moments.

2015 for me, or maybe one of Pitino's teams. Did I really just say that? We're likely to see a very different score against Miami. They will test us physically, and force us to guard the perimeter like our lives depended on it. This team has that killer instinct, constantly looking to run teams to death with passes. Great passing team. Welch is helping. We really need Bradshaw. The Z thing is a circus, I say we let that go and wish him well. Ugonna does not have the motor for this team and style. Get Bradshaw in there, primarily as a kick out to the guards, and if I'm Cal I stay out of the way.

It has to be 2017, and even that team didn't REALLY get going until the 2nd half of the season.

I'd say this is the best we've played, the most fun, this early, and the highest potential, since 2015. You get two of these bigs back and in theory, you could platoon. We are THAT deep and talented 1-4.
We have to be prepared for defenses to carve up the paint, taking out Mitchell and Burks. That will force guys like Reed and Justin to try and protect the basket. Cal is going to swallow his throat.

Some not so good things on paper have happened this year, but in reality they were good in long run.

1. Loss to Kansas- needed that for motivation; sucks to lose that game but in the long run it will be a positive; showed they could come back and showed they cannot let off gas or lose focus when up big

2. St. Joe's test- pressured performance; end of game situational learning; how to counter a haymaker

Fun level will go up even more once Z and Bradshaw are catching lobs, splashing 3's and blocking shots

Crazy, crazy numbers by this team.

And the craziest is that it seems effortless most of the time.

Even against Kansas, we seemed to be scoring at ease.

Just couldn't get any stops sadly.

Yep. My hope is getting bigs back will add a little bit from rebounding and shot blocking perspective. Even if we give up a little offense it would be a balance. If AB is as good as projected it is coffin nails.

At some point when you are doing things that haven't been done in 30+ years it just has to be recognized as normal.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
At least 2016-17. Having DJ, Rob, Reed, and Reeves all on the same team is electric offensively. Combined with maybe the most versatile big we’ve had in Tre Mitchell with great glue guys in Thiero and Edwards.

Even if it doesn’t end in a natty I’m gonna enjoy this team. Feels like at least Elite 8 though assuming Bradshaw plays

2017. Fox and Monk were a blast. The UNC game that year was one of my all-time favorites.

The Bogans year was a blast too. We just dominated teams during our run.

This is the best style and most fun style of play since '96-'97. We may end up not as good as 2017 but I think this style of play blows that team away as far as fun to watch. Would love to see Fox and Monk with DJ and Dilly and Shep though.

None of this matters at all unless Uk gets quality wins. It’s fun. It’s different…finally. But it doesn’t matter without quality wins.
Yes, for sure. Loads of potential and many offensive weapons, but we must remember that St Joseph just took us to overtime on our own court. Our defense and rebounding must improve, because we will have off-nights on offense.

2017. The guard play of Wagner, Edwards, Dillingham, Reeves, and Sheppard really stands out so far this year. We’ve had some great guards since then but nothing quite to the level of Fox and Monk in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT