ADVERTISEMENT

Fox and Dominion settle case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
I've been following this pretty closely on the one hand I'm sure that Fox defamed Dominion, if they didn't there's no such thing as defamation. On the other hand, Dominion basically admitted they had no lost profits which clearly diminished their potential recovery.

To be honest I think a lot of media outlets will be relieved at a settlement, could have had unintended consequences had Dominion won a big jury verdict

It will be interesting to see the terms of the settlement. I expect it will consist of cash plus some sort of public disclosure by Fox News.

Next up Smartmatic

Reactions: LOL_Man
Prior to this, as you would expect, ppl can't drop their biases. If dominion would've been successful there would be negative wider ranging ramifications for the entire media and free press as a whole.

Legacy journalists only selectively care about rights to a free press, so none of them cared

I've been following this pretty closely on the one hand I'm sure that Fox defamed Dominion, if they didn't there's no such thing as defamation. On the other hand, Dominion basically admitted they had no lost profits which clearly diminished their potential recovery.

To be honest I think a lot of media outlets will be relieved at a settlement, could have had unintended consequences had Dominion won a big jury verdict
If there are any other media outlets that told their viewers night after night that the election was stolen when it wasn't, they should be aware of the consequences. Hell, they (Hannity/Ingraham/Tucker) were privately texting each other about how crazy Trump was and that the election wasn't really stolen, but they went on the air and said it was anyway. Fox got off easy with this settlement.

This is a friendly reminder that the people on tv you stare at might not be honest. Their goal is to anger you and to get you to believe in an alternate reality that doesn't exist.

It's been surreal watching this play out from Nov. 2020 to now. No one knew who or what Dominion was prior to these conspiracy theories, yet as the weeks went by and the fake news was amplified, millions of Americans, including many who post on this site daily, began to believe and repeat the lies they were being told by the night crew at Fox News. They began to believe Dominion was behind Trump losing. That millions of Trump votes had been switched to Biden. To see the Tucker Carlson's, Sean Hannity's, Laura Ingraham's, Jeanine Pirro's, etc. of the right wing world lie on air and carry the former President's conspiracy-laden water only to see sent texts and emails in-between their lies showing their embarrassment, disgust, anger, and frustration at Trump World has been delightful. They knew they were lying and they simply didn't care. Their fear was upsetting MAGA World, because if those folks believe in the stolen election lie, it keeps them angry and it keeps them watching every night.

Hopefully going forward Fox NEWS won't continue to allow the evening inmates to take over, costing the network $787.5 million. I doubt it though. Like I said, absolutely surreal to watch this nonsense play out in real time as people just bought right into it like you were telling them the sky is blue.

That settlement number is insane but ultimately might be worth it to Fox just to spare themselves further embarrassment.

It will be interesting to see the terms of the settlement. I expect it will consist of cash plus some sort of public disclosure by Fox News.

Next up Smartmatic
Nope. A Dominion lawyer all but admitted that the money involved was e$$entially the Fox Newz accountability.

Anyone that watches cable news is a little whacked anyway. Fox is lucky it wasn’t worse.

But I wonder if the Libs were having the same orgasms as you guys are when CNN did all they could to ruin a teenager’s life and got smacked down.

What a loss. Tremendous loss, in fact. Old boy supported memorable causes.

Adios, amigo.

jeff-foxworthy-golden-hed-2015.jpg

If there are any other media outlets that told their viewers night after night that the election was stolen when it wasn't, they should be aware of the consequences. Hell, they (Hannity/Ingraham/Tucker) were privately texting each other about how crazy Trump was and that the election wasn't really stolen, but they went on the air and said it was anyway. Fox got off easy with this settlement.

I was looking forward to those on-air personalities having to testify under oath, and answer questions about these comments they made. Dang it!

Interesting that settlement was not confidential, probably was the holdup to the settlement, to Dominion for sure

Reactions: KY-BLUE1
I'm not a lawyer but if you read between the lines, Fox Newz lawyers likely didn't have a settlement price tag for admitting they lied since many of the lies have already been revealed and a Smartmatic lawsuit was pending.

Anyone that watches cable news is a little whacked anyway. Fox is lucky it wasn’t worse.

But I wonder if the Libs were having the same orgasms as you guys are when CNN did all they could to ruin a teenager’s life and got smacked down.

I agree completely. Pay for a subscription to your local newspaper, and you will be well informed. If your local paper doesn't cut it, pay for a subscription to the C-J or LHL. They are still held to journalistic standards that, especially Fox, but others as well, abandoned long ago in the name of ratings.

First of all, it was about the Dominion voting machines, not that the election wasn't stolen. The crap about the Dominion machines being pushed by Sidney Powell was crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
First of all, it was about the Dominion voting machines, not that the election wasn't stolen. The crap about the Dominion machines being pushed by Sidney Powell was crazy.
Still can't admit it? When is anyone going to come up with any evidence that even a Trump appointed judge will accept of the stolen election? Practically everyone except Trump and Rudy has said it wasn't stolen at this point. Trump's AG Bill Barr called it "bullshit", Ivana said she believed what Barr said, Hannity, Ingraham, Tucker all admitted it in texts, all of the Republican election officials and Trump staffers that testified at the January 6 Hearings, etc., etc. Yet the Trump supporters still can't admit that they have been royally duped.

Last edited:
Bwahahahaha, no matter how many people go to jail, no matter how many lawsuits and court cases they lose, they will stick with their lie.

Reactions: Kingseve1
Still can't admit it? When is anyone going to come up with any evidence that even a Trump appointed judge will accept of the stolen election?
There's nothing to admit, except that this lawsuit had nothing to do with mass absentee ballots. You're jerking yourself off because an invalid puppet was installed as a mouthpiece, aren't things grand now?

I never understood why Fox went with defaming the vote machine companies. The whole QAnon shtick began life as a Can You Top This joke. Then, people discovered that there was literally nothing that somebody -- and probably lots of somebodies -- wouldn't believe and repeat. Jewish space lasers. Italian satellites. Pedophile rings being run in the basement of places that have no basements. Then, instead of just being funny lunacy, it became obvious that political operatives were taking a hand in generating the stories. Fox had smart people. They just didn't want their biggest revenue generator -- Trump -- out of power. Well, there are limits and accountability.

Good.

There's nothing to admit, except that this lawsuit had nothing to do with mass absentee ballots. You're jerking yourself off because an invalid puppet was installed as a mouthpiece, aren't things grand now?
Absentee ballots are stealing elections now. I guess I cheated and stole the election since I voted absentee. My bad.

Reactions: UK-BILL
I never understood why Fox went with defaming the vote machine companies. The whole QAnon shtick began life as a Can You Top This joke. Then, people discovered that there was literally nothing that somebody -- and probably lots of somebodies -- wouldn't believe and repeat. Jewish space lasers. Italian satellites. Pedophile rings being run in the basement of places that have no basements. Then, instead of just being funny lunacy, it became obvious that political operatives were taking a hand in generating the stories. Fox had smart people. They just didn't want their biggest revenue generator -- Trump -- out of power. Well, there are limits and accountability.

Good.
A few years ago I saw a piece somewhere about a random political meme that went viral. A journalist was able to track down its origins - a bored teenager. Some teen who didn't take politics seriously created a meme just to see if it'd take off, and suddenly adults on facebook were sharing it and agreeing with it as if it were real life.

Since the rise of social media, I've said whatever percentage of people you think are dumb in this country, triple it.

The good news is there will be another Presidential election next November. If republicans choose a nominee a large portion of the country is sick of and disgusted with and lose, don't be sore and continue to make false claims of fraud. If Biden is reelected, I hope to god you're not posting about "the massive fraud of 2020 and 2024!!!" two or three years from now. I have a feeling you will though, because you bought in completely and just don't want to admit a big chunk of the country was just, and still is, tired of Trump. Fox carried his pungent water and are paying close to a billion dollars because of it. What's your excuse for keeping the lie going in your own mind?

The good news is there will be another Presidential election next November. If republicans choose a nominee a large portion of the country is sick of and disgusted with and lose, don't be sore and continue to make false claims of fraud. If Biden is reelected, I hope to god you're not posting about "the massive fraud of 2020 and 2024!!!" two or three years from now. I have a feeling you will though, because you bought in completely and just don't want to admit a big chunk of the country was just, and still is, tired of Trump. Fox carried his pungent water and are paying close to a billion dollars because of it. What's your excuse for keeping the lie going in your own mind?
I didn't " buy in" to anything, I saw it just like you did.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
I didn't " buy in" to anything, I saw it just like you did.
I saw one man win and one man lose. I saw two months of lies and desperation as some who believed those lies grew angrier and more detached from reality. I saw an insurrection at the US Capitol because the people who believed those lies thought they were fighting a "war" for the soul of the country. And I saw Fox News embrace it all so they wouldn't lose members of the MAGA cult. Rinse and repeat because after today, Fox will pretend this lawsuit never happened and they'll continue keeping their audience mad with lies.

I was disappointed Trump won in '16 but I understood why it happened and why he resonated with people. I also understood why a majority were just ready to move on from him in 2020. When Biden wins next year as Trump will probably be the republican nominee, I'll know why he lost again. And it's got nothing to do with massive fraud and cheating. Dems hate Trump, a portion of Republicans are done with Trump, Independents don't like Trump, and a large portion of women can't stand Trump. And yet you go with cheating as to why he lost. A. Majority. Of. People. Just. Don't. Like. Your. Guy.

I saw one man win and one man lose. I saw two months of lies and desperation as some who believed those lies grew angrier and more detached from reality. I saw an insurrection at the US Capitol because the people who believed those lies thought they were fighting a "war" for the soul of the country. And I saw Fox News embrace it all so they wouldn't lose members of the MAGA cult. Rinse and repeat because after today, Fox will pretend this lawsuit never happened and they'll continue keeping their audience mad with lies.

I was disappointed Trump won in '16 but I understood why it happened and why he resonated with people. I also understood why a majority were just ready to move on from him in 2020. When Biden wins next year as Trump will probably be the republican nominee, I'll know why he lost again. And it's got nothing to do with massive fraud and cheating. Dems hate Trump, a portion of Republicans are done with Trump, Independents don't like Trump, and a large portion of women can't stand Trump. And yet you go with cheating as to why he lost. A. Majority. Of. People. Just. Don't. Like. Your. Guy.
And he got blown out by an opponent that millions voted for because he merely met the easiest standard any other human being on earth can meet - all he had to do was not be Donald Trump.

And he got blown out by an opponent that millions voted for because he merely met the easiest standard any other human being on earth can meet - all he had to do was not be Donald Trump.
Correct. No one actually *loves* Biden, they just hate Trump, whether it's his personality, some of his policies, or both. Guy is just so in your face with his constant antics, rantings, and trolling that he turns most people off. If he believes talking up insurrectists like they're heros who should be given apologies, coming up with the deranged idea that the constitution should be suspended just for him, and always bringing up an election from 2020 being "stolen" from him is a winning strategy, he's going to lose by a bigger margin next year as guys like Bill yell fraud. It's easier to scream "cheater!" than admit the side you agree with keeps making the same mistake.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984

If that’s the case why did Democrats know the only chance they had to beat him was cheat? Why did Zuck dump $500 million in to certain election precincts to get access to ballots?
Why did only a handful of predetermined battle ground states, and more precisely cities, have voting patterns unlike any other States or Cities?
How did 18 of 19 bellwether counties all suddenly get it wrong? What was different in this election…hmm.
For the first time in our history after election night there were still millions of unaccounted ballots. That alone should be illegal, and in many cases were all but ignored.
We had a President installed so Obama could get a third term, the Coubtey is going to shit and you think Orange man bad so it was worth it, nevermind the Country is heading to autocracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT