ADVERTISEMENT

Former five star Indiana commit forward Liam McNeely contacted by KY

He does have a pretty stroke, but doesn't seem he'd have much success creating his own shot. Would Cal actually let Welch teach sets so that Liam can get open?
This kid can straight up ball. Great athlete who will be able to defend and knock down open shots as well as rattle the rim when you close out to fast.

Hmmmm. Everyone has been saying he’s a lock for Kansas. Maybe Bill Self found out he had no criminal record or women-beating tendencies and decided he was a bad fit for the program.

Kansas doesn't look like they are well poised for the next few years garbage recruiting, their better plays will be leaving, conference is better now. They are going to go out on a real whimper this year, and if I'm a recruit, I'm a little more gun shy on going to Kansas now.

Also, Bill is not looking great with his comments on McCullar and seemingly trying to play a guy that isn't healthy. We might hate how Cal is way too protective of players, but the other extreme isn't good either: bringing guys back early and risking their futures.

McNeely would be more on the level of a Fland. We NEED him because of his shooting and overall game. Can come in and get it done first year like a Sheppard. Fland, McNeely and Perry would give us a lot of firepower. And if Sheppard is back those four IMO would give a chance for a championship if Fland and Richmond improve our defense.

Last edited:
He does have a pretty stroke, but doesn't seem he'd have much success creating his own shot. Would Cal actually let Welch teach sets so that Liam can get open?
Reed isn’t great at creating his own shot either, yet seems to do just fine.

Reactions: Fox2monk
1. Liam McNeely is a pure PF...stretch PF at that.
2. Next year PF rotation as of today looks like guys like......Thiero, Burks and possibly Bradshaw. And maybe Richmond if we do some small lineups (like we do with Edwards playing some PF minutes in spurts)

I'd argue this is a sign Bradshaw isn't likely back to UK. Maybe Burks as well (even though I hope we keep Burks).

1. Liam McNeely is a pure PF...stretch PF at that.
2. Next year PF rotation as of today looks like guys like......Thiero, Burks and possibly Bradshaw. And maybe Richmond if we do some small lineups (like we do with Edwards playing some PF minutes in spurts)

I'd argue this is a sign Bradshaw isn't likely back to UK. Maybe Burks as well (even though I hope we keep Burks).
You sure? What I read said McNeely was a true 3. Real good off screens also.

We already have five freshmen Recruits for next year . For Gods sake don’t recruit more. recruit players on our team and portal . Freshmen cannot win an NCAA
Our coach can’t win anything. So does it really matter who we recruit?

Reactions: pinecreek
Do you see a PF or a SF?

I see a PF all the way.
Have not seen him play. Just going by what I read. His evaluation screams a 3. Not saying it is right. But his skill set is pretty high. We never know till they get here though. I guess comes down to what he can guard. But also said he has elite ability at running the offense. Scores from all three levels. May be closer to 6-8 but only weighs 185. Likes getting his teammates involved. Seems more versatile than Edwards so if Edwards is back could see Edwards and Thiero at the 4.

Last edited:
We already have five freshmen Recruits for next year . For Gods sake don’t recruit more. recruit players on our team and portal . Freshmen cannot win an NCAA
Yeah, but this guy's impact would be like a Sheppard, Dillingham or Fland his first year. A kind of player that Cal could promise to start, along with Fland, and not have to worry about if they are good enough. With him would be one less portal guy needed. If we got him and Shep come back may not need a portal if Burks, Z and one more of Edwards or Wagner is back along with Thiero and Ugo.

Yeah, but this guy's impact would be like a Sheppard, Dillingham or Fland his first year. A kind of player that Cal could promise to start, along with Fland, and not have to worry about if they are good enough. With him would be one less portal guy needed. If we got him and Shep come back may not need a portal if Burks, Z and one more of Edwards or Wagner is back along with Thiero and Ugo.
If Cal actually ran an offense that sets up wide open looks for guys, instead of the constant floppy / weak screen stuff, then UK would be formidable with three shooters on the floor like Reed, Dilly and this guy. Holy smokes. But will NEVER HAPPEN.

If Cal actually ran an offense that sets up wide open looks for guys, instead of the constant floppy / weak screen stuff, then UK would be formidable with three shooters on the floor like Reed, Dilly and this guy. Holy smokes. But will NEVER HAPPEN.
Shep, Fland and McNeely would be dynamite. Three great 'basketball players out front.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I saw him play with Cooper Monteverde against the boozer twins team real good player plays hard can get up in the air and score in bunches from Texas may be going home be nice to get him

Would love to have him, just don’t think it’s likely. I believe him and Reed are friendly with each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT