ADVERTISEMENT

For you X and o nerds out there

BLUEDOUG46

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2012
Did you all notice everything we ran last night? We ran Floppy action, Zoom action and even ran a horns set at least once. This team does a GREAT job of spacing the floor, we pass in to the post so well (remember all the teams that never took the right angle). Ive always said Cal is a very good defensive coach but his Offenses last 6 years or so have been garbage. Yes getting better players more a kin to his system has helped.. BUT the spacing on this team is unreal. We have a guru on that bench helping Cal and it shows! I am thankful he lowered his pride enough to allow it! I made the comment that Reed should go to Virginia because I didnt think he would thrive in an only dribble drive offense, AND he is a far better defender than I gave him credit. This new offense gives Reed what he needs to be very successful! Man this team is FUN! Wait til we get rim protector in there !!

Yes, their spacing has been very good. Early in this game, it wasn't quite as good, but as the game progressed it became very good and stayed that way through the 2nd half. I'm so glad Reed didn't go to Virginia. He fits this team and this style perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk and deep3
Compared to last year, it's unbelievable.

Last year, we basically had two plays. Oscar would set a backscreen for the point guard on the right side. OR Oscar would set a backscreen for the point guard on the left side.

Thank Welch.

I saw a mix of triangle and motion. Second half, top of the screen.

Yes, their spacing has been very good. Early in this game, it wasn't quite as good, but as the game progressed it became very good and stayed that way through the 2nd half. I'm so glad Reed didn't go to Virginia. He fits this team and this style perfectly.
It would have been a serious waste of Reed’s talent to be in the boring plodding style that wouldn’t feature his brilliant passing and shooting as much.

amen brother me too!

Reactions: IL Wildcat
It would have been a serious waste of Reed’s talent to be in the boring plodding style that wouldn’t feature his brilliant passing and shooting as much.
I thought Reed would need screens to get his shot off... ugg I think I was very very wrong.. lol

Reactions: lazycat75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT