ADVERTISEMENT

FCPS - The LAST thing they care about is our kids.

Stan the caddy

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 14, 2023
I’ve got an acquaintance at FCPS who is being railroaded right now.

The lawyer handling the case, who has lots of history with FCPS, said he has dealt with murderers, rapists, and even Catholic Priests, and none of them are even as remotely evil and corrupt as FCPS admin.

If your kids are in an FCPS school, pull them out. There is NO accountability or responsibility. They give less than zero shits about the kids.

Well, I think I've made my thoughts pretty clear with respect to FCPS (after having worked there, in IT/Network Engineering for 27 years), but in case you missed it; it's a dumpster fire. An abomination (talking strictly about the management/Central Office/policy makers/financial heads etc.)

If I was a parent of school age children (mine are grown now), I would do every single thing in my power to keep them out of that school system. Preferably home schooling. Sending your kids there is essentially putting a quarter in a slot machine, and pulling the lever. If you have no other choice, you need to make your presence KNOWN at your child's school. That means physically there, as much as you can. Get involved with the SBDM etc. The staff at that school needs to be a on a first name basis with you. That will go a long way.

(I want to reiterate, that I am NOT talking about school staff/teachers, who, in my experience, do the best they can, within the constraints that are imposed by the shit show downtown.)

Last edited:
Sorry I didn’t make it more clear Hyman - yes, I’m talking about the bastards on park place, not the teachers.

• Haha
Reactions: 55wildcat
I got that. And I have witnessed, first-hand, numerous times, the type of vindictive, office politics/railroading that I'm sure you are talking about.

This might be hard to believe, given my calm nature, but I butted heads scores of times with district administration, and came to be known as a pot-stirrer. I know, I know, like I said, that might seem implausible. LOL I was just fortunate that they needed me, and I had a boss that would back me up.

The good news, for your friend, is that they are spineless once you lawyer up. I would suggest that your friend contact Brenda Allen, the former FCPS attorney that also got railroaded, and knows where the bodies are buried. She takes great delight in sticking it to FCPS (and rightfully so)

Last edited:
You’re “literally” saying the FCPS is worse than child rape and murder? Wow, can’t imagine why I don’t want kids lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
You could be like my brother and sue them because you want your daughter to skip a grade (literally only so he can tell people his daughter did it) even though she has vehemently said she didn’t want to move up a grade and she didn’t pass the tests required to skip a grade.

There’s always that option.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
You could be like my brother and sue them because you want your daughter to skip a grade (literally only so he can tell people his daughter did it) even though she has vehemently said she didn’t want to move up a grade and she didn’t pass the tests required to skip a grade.

There’s always that option.
Sounds like you and your brother both have issues and went opposite directions with your extreme stances. Different reactions to what is almost certainly the same cause.

I never cease to be amazed at how unresponsive they are to any real need that is going on. It gets worse with every new instance i am made aware of. And no one in the school my kids play for (they are middle school but play high school in Fayette County) seems remotely helpful/interested in the sports issues that arise...from equipment to facilities to other issues. I feel for anyone in crisis over there. Its a long, gray, tired, tedious, bureaucratic march to hell, the best i can tell. There would be more give a shit if it was run by robots...and a lot more efficiency. I can only imagine the impossibilities of addressing your problems if one of the apparatchiks got a bee in his/her/they/its bonnet with someone and set out to put the big dumb machine on someone.

A few years ago my daughter played volleyball for one of the high schools. The head coach for the team had over 60 complaints from parents in a single season about the abusive and vindicative behavior towards the girls. The school system failed to do the first thing about removing the coach. The administration would say something to the coach then the girls would be "punished" because a complaint was filed. My daughter ended up not playing all four years. I blame the coach and the administration for ruining something my daughter loved. IMO the FCPS from many principles up are doing nothing but drawing a paycheck.

A lot of things we assumed people got fired for no longer get them fired. Used to be if there was a sniff of impropriety, your ass was grass. No more. If you are in a position of power, 9/10 times, you can do whatever you want.

The good news, for your friend, is that they are spineless once you lawyer up. I would suggest that your friend contact Brenda Allen, the former FCPS attorney that also got railroaded, and knows where the bodies are buried. She takes great delight in sticking it to FCPS (and rightfully so)

I believe she’s VP of legal at LRAA (Louisville Regional Airport Authority) now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT