ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools hires New Principal

Jun 2, 2005

From the article: “At his previous job he was placed on administrative leave on August 30 pending an investigation into “potential district policy violations.” He resigned December 31.”

Would have thought after the last principal hire fail at Dunbar, they could have found someone without a questionable past.

Last edited:

Would have thought after the last principal hire fail at Dunbar, they could have found someone without a questionable past.
Lol... are you freaking serious? Your LGBT superintendent is married to a dude who had to resign being a superintendent himself because he was being investigated by the FBI for trying to influence elections and offering trustees consulting gigs.

Last edited:
Lol... are you freaking serious? Your LGBT superintendent is married to a dude who had to resign being a superintendent himself because he was being investigated by the FBI for trying to influence elections and offering trustees consulting gigs.
Yeah the problem starts at the top. I am not a fan of the superintendent and current school board, they all think alike.

Old article on our current superintendent

And this is article about current superintendent spouse that discusses what Waynedougan mentions above;

Last edited:
Yeah the problem starts at the top. I am not a fan of the superintendent and current school board, they all think alike.

Old article on our current superintendent

And this is article about current superintendent spouse that discusses what Waynedougan mentions above;
Seat A, you have way too much free time

From the article: “At his previous job he was placed on administrative leave on August 30 pending an investigation into “potential district policy violations.” He resigned December 31.”

They have to make quotas , of course. 🤢🤢

Reactions: Mdnerd
Seat A, you have way too much free time
Not really, that post took me all of 5 minutes. I guess you have too much free time too since you are spending time reading my posts and replying. My kids are important to me and since they go to FCPS, I’ll gladly take my 5 minutes of “free time” to call out a dumpster fire whenever I see one. Hopefully my posts help keep other parents more informed of what goes on in FCPS and motivates them to be aware of who they are voting for on the school board who assist in hires such as these. Also hope it helps motivate parents to volunteer on committees, read the FCPS emails (they don’t really hide a lot of what they do), overall become more involved in the school system to put out the dumpster fire.

The racial undertones in this thread are quickly becoming overtones
I don’t like quotas because they’re using non-job related criteria to fill spots that other truly qualified people are trying to get. How would you like being passed over for someone with a known albatross like this?

Denying opportunities to someone because of the color of their skin is. Wrong. This is also wrong.

The racial undertones in this thread are quickly becoming overtones

You should go to the home page of Fayette County schools then. Their
#2 agenda item is diversity. #3 is being "culturally aware". The overtone of that is they want fewer straight white men in charge of schools. Their hiring decisions prove this out. Hiring a dreadlocked dude (who is under investigation) who ran a lower performing high school in Indiana to be the principal of one of Fayette County's premier high schools seems to be a hire based on race as opposed to performance. I'll be glad to hear counter evidence to this.

I see I've struck a nerve with a few of you. As they say, hit dogs holler. I'm sure all of you are deeply educated on the exact hiring practices of Fayette County schools for EVERY position they have.

Pretty obvious to see their hiring practices for leadership positions…straw man
There's a thread like this every couple months because some poster on here gets mad that a minority got hired to lead a school or department, let's call it what it is. Until you find out who this principal was going up against for this position then how could you possibly know that this was solely a quota hire? You and everybody else posting all upset are just assuming and you know what happens when you assume?

Liggins is awful. All flash, no substance. Shiny new logos, district wide “pep rallies” at Rupp before school starts, wasteful district positions.

There’s a school that lost half their teachers this year and they almost all went to other districts for pay cuts. After years of complaining about the principal, they all finally gave up. These were good teachers, too.

There's a thread like this every couple months because some poster on here gets mad that a minority got hired to lead a school or department, let's call it what it is. Until you find out who this principal was going up against for this position then how could you possibly know that this was solely a quota hire? You and everybody else posting all upset are just assuming and you know what happens when you assume?
Hmm, they found a man of a certain race with a less than desirable past. If he’s truly the best candidate they could find, schools are in even worse trouble than originally thought.

None of us really believe he was the most qualified though, do we? Do we really need to pretend that’s true?

Hmm, they found a man of a certain race with a less than desirable past. If he’s truly the best candidate they could find, schools are in even worse trouble than originally thought.

None of us really believe he was the most qualified though, do we? Do we really need to pretend that’s true?
It's almost like when you have half the population villainizing the public school system then it makes it harder for people to want to work there. Give me another candidate for this exact position and then you can make that argument, otherwise you are again simply assuming.

It's almost like when you have half the population villainizing the public school system then it makes it harder for people to want to work there. Give me another candidate for this exact position and then you can make that argument, otherwise you are again simply assuming.
It’s almost like when you have nearly half the population trying to destroy public education, the other half doesn’t like it.

You and I both know there are plenty of candidates out there that want to return schools to a more traditional style of learning, you know, where kids have to actually learn things. We also both know woke leadership in these leftist areas would never consider them.

So they dig to the bottom of the barrel and come up with…this guy

I’d hire an ambitious teacher for this position over this guy with a checkered and failed past.

They've intentional went from "It's About Kids" to "A New Way Forward"

Thankfully my kids go to one of the 3 or 4 great elementary schools in the city. I'll worry about this stuff in 5 years.
100%. It’s honestly almost comical.

We’re at Maxwell starting this year, so we have a few years before a decision. Before it was pretty easy to either continue with the Spanish immersion or go to our districted school since we’re in good middle and high schools. Now we’re thinking about private or out of county where my wife is a teacher now.

I see I've struck a nerve with a few of you. As they say, hit dogs holler. I'm sure all of you are deeply educated on the exact hiring practices of Fayette County schools for EVERY position they have.
For God’s sake man, they hired a guy who was under investigation to lead a large high school. Not only was he investigated, but rather than fight to prove he did nothing wrong, he just went ahead and resigned from the position. And all you take away from the deal is his race. I think that says more about you then other posters.

Further, Henry Clay High School is majority white and only 19% black. I've been told with great authority by the educational scholars in Jefferson County that leaders of the school need to look like the students. Therefore under their own rules they should hire a white person for this position. Them's the rules, ya know.

It’s almost like when you have nearly half the population trying to destroy public education, the other half doesn’t like it.

You and I both know there are plenty of candidates out there that want to return schools to a more traditional style of learning, you know, where kids have to actually learn things. We also both know woke leadership in these leftist areas would never consider them.

So they dig to the bottom of the barrel and come up with…this guy

I’d hire an ambitious teacher for this position over this guy with a checkered and failed past.
We don't know that because neither of us are involved in the hiring process. People like you make working in public schools toxic due to your constant ridicule of every decision that is made. Your use of cheap buzz words like "woke leadership" and "traditional style of learning" can easily be reinterpreted into what we all know you really mean. You're the loudest hollering hit dog of them all.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof and Mdnerd
For God’s sake man, they hired a guy who was under investigation to lead a large high school. Not only was he investigated, but rather than fight to prove he did nothing wrong, he just went ahead and resigned from the position. And all you take away from the deal is his race. I think that says more about you then other posters.
An ounce of research shows that he wasn't found liable of anything and the investigation was dropped with high praise of recommendation from the superintendent of that district. Not like that matters to most of you.

virtue-3.jpg

Also that’s a bit ironic considering you seem to be doing a lot of “hollering” yourself by posting here like the rest of us…

View good from that fake high horse?

Also that’s a bit ironic considering you seem to be doing a lot of “hollering” yourself by posting here like the rest of us…

View good from that fake high horse?
I'm not the one throwing out conspiracies with no concrete evidence that people are being hired solely based on race. My horse does feel a bit higher than yours in that regard

We don't know that because neither of us are involved in the hiring process. People like you make working in public schools toxic due to your constant ridicule of every decision that is made. Your use of cheap buzz words like "woke leadership" and "traditional style of learning" can easily be reinterpreted into what we all know you really mean. You're the loudest hollering hit dog of them all.

Oh it’s people like me, who never go near any public schools…

Couldn’t possibly be the failed leadership in these counties, that are just by pure coincidence leftest areas. There is no way those two things can be correlated, just not possible…

I’ll happily continue sending my kids to a “traditional” private school and keep them out of the reach of people with your insane ideology.

An ounce of research shows that he wasn't found liable of anything and the investigation was dropped with high praise of recommendation from the superintendent of that district. Not like that matters to most of you.
Yeah and an ounce of common sense tells you they agreed to drop the investigation if he resigned so they could avoid lawsuit filings like we saw in the Dunbar situation. Why would he resign if he wasn’t guilty and they found no evidence of any wrongdoing? Can you post the article where you get the info above?

Also it’s worth noting that the fact most of the kids in these terrible districts are only there because their parents lack the financial means to send them some place better make these school systems complete failures. Too bad leadership doesn’t want to take notice of such an acccurate and obvious metric.

Reactions: 80 Proof
And a little bit of digging shows it was dropped right before he resigned, which tells anyone with a brain that a deal was made. More digging shows that he wasn’t even successful before the investigation. Poor scores, large fights & riots with arrests & hospitalizations. Parents upset because of communication issues between the schools & themselves. Sounds like a great candidate & leader.

Oh it’s people like me, who never go near any public schools…

Couldn’t possibly be the failed leadership in these counties, that are just by pure coincidence leftest areas. There is no way those two things can be correlated, just not possible…

I’ll happily continue sending my kids to a “traditional” private school and keep them out of the reach of people with your insane ideology.
Funny that you say that the leftist areas have the failed leadership when it's all the red states that are at the bottom of the rankings when it comes to education levels. You sure have a very strong opinion of the hiring processes for the Fayette County public school system despite seemingly having no idea what actually happens there considering your preference for private school.

And a little bit of digging shows it was dropped right before he resigned, which tells anyone with a brain that a deal was made. More digging shows that he wasn’t even successful before the investigation. Poor scores, large fights & riots with arrests & hospitalizations. Parents upset because of communication issues between the schools & themselves. Sounds like a great candidate & leader.
And yet he somehow still got a recommendation from his previous employer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT