ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite / least favorite game show hosts

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
I visited an aunt yesterday and she was watching re-runs of Chain Reaction that she'd recorded. The host, Dylan Lane, seems like a super good guy, but just to me personally, he's got the charisma of a rock.

I grew up with Wheel of Fortune at 7:00 on winter weekdays followed by Jeopardy! at 7:30. The awesomeness of Pat Sajak (and Vanna White) followed by Alex Trebek is a hard one-two punch to top -- they were both always very well-spoken, and never slow with a clever quip. I'd watch post-Alex Trebek Jeopardy! every once in a while if LeVar Burton was the host. Ken Jennings is cool but I find him about as dull as Dylan Lane.

My grandpa always watched Bob Barker on The Price is Right on break from working on the farm, and I remember watching Family Feud with them when I was a kid. I liked Richard Dawson and Ray Combs (who kept a houseboat on Lake Cumberland) a lot, and later Steve Harvey (even though he was a little over-the-top at times -- he'd often milk funny responses for all they were worth).

I can only just barely remember Remote Control, but I thought that Kari Wuhrer was adorable.

her-name-is-kari-wuhrer-but-if-you-reached-puberty-in-the-v0-7vhsx89fwemc1.jpg

Anyway, favorite and least favorite game show hosts -- show me what you got!

Reactions: GeraldV and JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT