ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition Schedule

Jan 21, 2013
Anyone heard anything on the exhibition schedule? We usually play someone in July, but I haven't seen anything. It would be nice to get this team reps early on.

Anyone heard anything on the exhibition schedule? We usually play someone in July, but I haven't seen anything. It would be nice to get this team reps early on.
It is generally every 4 years, but there are exceptions, and last year was one of them. Occasionally there are international tournaments and a college team will represent the USA in it, and that doesn't count toward the once every 4 years thing. But it is a little late to get into anything like that, so Madness will likely be the first time seeing the team in any kind of action, and I expect Pope will do the things needed to make that event must see again. I would expect an actual scrimmage instead of a glorified dunk contest.

Why do teams have to pretend to play by these dumb rules? The ncaa is dead. College sports are all semi pro teams now. Mercenaries R US.

Idk why any major college team can't play summer games against someone every year now.
Yea the ncaa is a joke can only play a summer tour every 4 years how pathetic is that.. should be able to play every year

Why do teams have to pretend to play by these dumb rules? The ncaa is dead. College sports are all semi pro teams now. Mercenaries R US.

Idk why any major college team can't play summer games against someone every year now.
Because the NCAA still runs the tournament and until the big conferences break away, that's still the goal so you don't want to do anything to disqualify yourself. NCAA rules are still their rules, except for the unconstitutional ones like banning kids from making money on their likeness.

Reactions: flacat22
Because the NCAA still runs the tournament and until the big conferences break away, that's still the goal so you don't want to do anything to disqualify yourself. NCAA rules are still their rules, except for the unconstitutional ones like banning kids from making money on their likeness.

You mean like the academic rules that were completely bypassed by UNC? Yep, the NCAA still has rules but selectively choose which ones to enforce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT