ADVERTISEMENT

Etienne of UF in the portal

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
Brother played well for Clemson. This is going to be a wild portal... dang. Would love to have this kid, but would also love to have the former OSU back that's in the portal. Them together with Wilcox and DemiSumo.... fantastic.

I guy can dream

I think he is or was one the top 3-4 backs in the conference, if you just use his running ability, may be one of the worst blocking backs. According to UF site he wants to be the feature back and wants to win. UF spent 3 days trying to convince him to stay.

In 2022, Etienne entered the games against UK and gashed us on a TD drive. His mom and sister got a lot of TV love on that drive. I thought he was going to have his coming out party against us, having seen such in the past. Napier really under-utilized him in that game, IMO. He had 9 total carries in that game. Napier was stubborn about sharing the load between 4 guys when he should have stuck with the two. I really don’t feel UF utilized Etienne over the past 2 years as well as they could have.

In 2022, Etienne entered the games against UK and gashed us on a TD drive. His mom and sister got a lot of TV love on that drive. I thought he was going to have his coming out party against us, having seen such in the past. Napier really under-utilized him in that game, IMO. He had 9 total carries in that game. Napier was stubborn about sharing the load between 4 guys when he should have stuck with the two. I really don’t feel UF utilized Etienne over the past 2 years as well as they could have.

I don't know how true, but it's the UF fanbase's claim, he won't or can't block. But the reason he is giving is he wants to win and UF has a tough schedule next fall, 3-9 is a real possibility and 3rd losing season in a row is likely. 25 will likely find UF with a new coach.

UF should have fired Napier this year.

You probably right, but I read the buyout was 31m and they didn't have it. I know Billy personally, I hated seeing him take the UF job because I wanted him to be successful. But I just can't pull for UF. I was hoping he would get hired by an ACC or Big12. Maybe the next one will be in those conferences.

Every UF fan I talked to says they think he should get one more year, even if they doubt he'll make best use of it. It's so weird

Back before the season ended they had a top 3 recruiting class, they wanted to keep Billy to hold the class together, or that is what the fans were saying not the administration. Now with the decommits/flips already taking place they are out of top 10 with 3-4 of their remaining top commits taking officials to other places they are concerned about dropping even farther down the list. The star of the class is the QB, Lagway I think is his name, a true dual threat that has lit Texas HS football up this year. No sign he is wavering, but if he flipped to someone else Billy would be done, with that schedule they are looking at a tough season and fans are expecting 8-4. They still think UK is a lock W in spite of dropping 3 one sided games in a row. But its what fans do. Billy is a good guy, his dad was one of my best friends who died with ALS, Billy is a good guy, very smart in spite of his southern drawl. Just wish he had gone to an ACC school.

Back before the season ended they had a top 3 recruiting class, they wanted to keep Billy to hold the class together, or that is what the fans were saying not the administration. Now with the decommits/flips already taking place they are out of top 10 with 3-4 of their remaining top commits taking officials to other places they are concerned about dropping even farther down the list. The star of the class is the QB, Lagway I think is his name, a true dual threat that has lit Texas HS football up this year. No sign he is wavering, but if he flipped to someone else Billy would be done, with that schedule they are looking at a tough season and fans are expecting 8-4. They still think UK is a lock W in spite of dropping 3 one sided games in a row. But its what fans do. Billy is a good guy, his dad was one of
my best friends who died with ALS, Billy is a good guy, very smart in spite of his southern drawl. Just wish he had gone to an ACC school.

Very sorry to hear about your best friend. Someday you two will see each other again in a world without ALS.

It's really hard to root against him. Haven't met anyone who's a fan or a coach in FL that doesn't like and respect him. They WANT him to succeed. Hope whatever happens that he comes out of all this with success (just not against UK) or a better opportunity elsewhere.

Very sorry to hear about your best friend. Someday you two will see each other again in a world without ALS.

It's really hard to root against him. Haven't met anyone who's a fan or a coach in FL that doesn't like and respect him. They WANT him to succeed. Hope whatever happens that he comes out of all this with success (just not against UK) or a better opportunity elsewhere.

Thanks man, it got rough near the end. He was a long time HS coach. The school he spent the last couple years at built a tower and kept a modified scissor lift for him to watch practice. I just hope this doesn't end his career as a head coach, UF fans are already calling for 8 wins in 24.

Reactions: Girthang
Back before the season ended they had a top 3 recruiting class, they wanted to keep Billy to hold the class together, or that is what the fans were saying not the administration. Now with the decommits/flips already taking place they are out of top 10 with 3-4 of their remaining top commits taking officials to other places they are concerned about dropping even farther down the list. The star of the class is the QB, Lagway I think is his name, a true dual threat that has lit Texas HS football up this year. No sign he is wavering, but if he flipped to someone else Billy would be done, with that schedule they are looking at a tough season and fans are expecting 8-4. They still think UK is a lock W in spite of dropping 3 one sided games in a row. But its what fans do. Billy is a good guy, his dad was one of my best friends who died with ALS, Billy is a good guy, very smart in spite of his southern drawl. Just wish he had gone to an ACC school.
They better address the lines. Our lines we very meh this year and we dominated them.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT