ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN SportsCentury documentary: Secretariat

OK I know I'm bringing back a nearly 4 year old thread.

But 2023 is the 50th anniversary of the greatest thoroughbred that ever lived winning the Triple Crown. Secretariat's KY Derby win and subsequent wins at the Preakness and Belmont.

I was a huge Pharaoh fan when he won the Triple Crown in 2015. Non horse race fans do not realize what a monumental accomplishment that is.

Will any horse ever match the grand slam by winning the Triple Crown and the BC classic in the same year?

Reactions: parrott
I was too young to remember but I get goosebumps and tears of joy watching that race. When my Parents talk about it they get real misty eyed. It was that special. There will never be another Secretariat.

Reactions: Creed Bratton

Getting that time of year when I think back to the greatest thoroughbred that ever lived.
I love this show. Secretariat touched perfection at Belmont. No other horse will ever hold the time record for each triple crown race again. I absolutely loved that horse.

His kick in the Preakness was unbelievable. Watch his mane, it goes straight back. He was flying. My favorite stat was in the Derby. Each 1/4 was faster than the previous one. He was still speeding up at the end of 1.25 miles. Amazing!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT