ADVERTISEMENT

Dune 2

2-chicks-at-the-same-time-while-watching-dune-2-v0-y65lg0x7enxa1.jpg

Saw Second Part of Dune this afternoon. Really Good movie and better than First Part IMO because this one is about the actual battle of Arrakis. Felt Austin Butler did a Great job in role of Feyd.

Did you get a sandworm popcorn bucket? XD

I'm looking forward to seeing Part Two next week at Hamburg. Gonna get me a sandworm popcorn bucket if they're not all sold out by then. ;b

Reactions: hmt5000
I’m going to have to rewatch the first one. I can hardly remember it. All I remember were Oscar Isaac’s, some witches or something, and Zendaya. Seems like there was sand, but it could’ve been Star Wars AOTC.

Did you get a sandworm popcorn bucket? XD

I'm looking forward to seeing Part Two next week at Hamburg. Gonna get me a sandworm popcorn bucket if they're not all sold out by then. ;b
Wish they had a XD screen in Corbin but they don't. It be even better seen on XD

Reactions: J_Dee
One thing is for sure, this has to put Denis Villeneuva towards the top of this generations great film makers.

Dune
Sicario
BR2049
Arrival
Prisoners

It's not a huge list, but he's basically only been directing at this level for 10 years (not including early work).

Excellent film. Love the changes they made from the book. Looking forward to seeing it again. Definitely one to see on the big screen with big sound.

Last edited:
In the original Dune, there were these giant brain creatures with little tiny arms. Were they in either of the two modern Dunes?

Saw it in IMAX. Thought it was absolutely fantastic. If I had to nitpick anything it would be Zendayas portrayal of Chani.

The first was a disappointment to me. Her playing the role was part of that. The other part was an utter lack of scale/proportion in terms of background activity in some scenes. Hoping to see this one soon and that it's properly done.

Reactions: entropy13
In the original Dune, there were these giant brain creatures with little tiny arms. Were they in either of the two modern Dunes?

We see their representatives...

main-qimg-d1c117111e31d148947f34f46da29cd8-pjlq

...but not them. The director explains why:

“They were Guild representatives. They were not Navigators. We don’t see the Navigators in this first part. That was the one of the challenges of this adaptation – I was trying to keep mystery alive as much as possible. We don’t show the Emperor, we don’t see the Spacing Guild Navigators. There’s a lot of characters that are mentioned or that are in the background that we don’t see right away. I tried to keep all the space traveling as mysterious as possible, like almost bringing some kind of mysticism or sacred relationship with that part of the movie. Everything involving space is just evocated and very mysterious

Reactions: Girthang
I probably should have watched the original again and the first remake before seeing the 2nd one. It wasn't bad, but seemed to drag on a bit at times. I saw the first one not knowing there was a second and then watched the second without knowing it's a trilogy. 😂 Man they stretched out 1 movie into a whole lot more. Same thing they did with the Hobbit. Can't really talk about anything else without giving away spoilers.

I probably should have watched the original again and the first remake before seeing the 2nd one. It wasn't bad, but seemed to drag on a bit at times. I saw the first one not knowing there was a second and then watched the second without knowing it's a trilogy. 😂 Man they stretched out 1 movie into a whole lot more. Same thing they did with the Hobbit. Can't really talk about anything else without giving away spoilers.
It going to be a long wait for the 3rd movie. I believe Villeneuve stated it be 4-5 years before the final movie be produced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT