ADVERTISEMENT

Duke has seven in the portal, I guess the "brotherhood" they have been spouting for years is out the window now with NIL$$ and new transfer portal.

I think the concept of program “brotherhood” may now be out the window EVERYWHERE. Today’s players just see themselves as one year mercenaries looking to be paid.
Yep, that's the game today. I don't care much for it but until change is made, this is what it is.

Reactions: track42
I think it may also be the Cal situation. Always recruiting 'above' the previous class. Why stick around when the next batch will take your spot. Doesn't matter if they are better. Have to keep getting the next 5*.

6 incoming freshmen that were promises minutes plus Procter and Foster returning so not that many minutes available…. They got Maliq Brown , a Virginia kid PF that played at Syracuse, good around the rim probably to replace Mitchell. They actually have 9 players and they will be very tall .

Tyrese Proctor 6’5 ( G returning , will be JR)
Caleb Foster 6’5 (G returning , will be Sophomore)
Isaiah Evans 6’6 ( f)
Darren Harris 6’6 ( f)
Kon Knueppel 6’5 (f)
Maliq Brown (6’8 transfer Jr)
Cooper Flagg 6’9( f)
Khaman Malachi 7’2 ( f)
Patrick Ngongba 6’11( f)

Probably trying to add 2 more players and should have a decent team next year.

6 incoming freshmen that were promises minutes plus Procter and Foster returning so not that many minutes available…. They got Maliq Brown , a Virginia kid PF that played at Syracuse, good around the rim probably to replace Mitchell. They actually have 9 players and they will be very tall .

Tyrese Proctor 6’5 ( G returning , will be JR)
Caleb Foster 6’5 (G returning , will be Sophomore)
Isaiah Evans 6’6 ( f)
Darren Harris 6’6 ( f)
Kon Knueppel 6’5 (f)
Maliq Brown (6’8 transfer Jr)
Cooper Flagg 6’9( f)
Khaman Malachi 7’2 ( f)
Patrick Ngongba 6’11( f)

Probably trying to add 2 more players and should have a decent team next year.
They're awful thin in the backcourt. That's why the Jeremy Roach portal entry was so surprising to me.

@Catcatcatcat

So who was paying for Zion's rental home, if Duke wasn't out in the forefront of paying players before NIL?

That's not the only dude that got paid, either. I'm not even mad about it anymore, whatever. Everyone is doing it now. But you can take your ass back to your Dukie board if you just wanna be a homer, and act like Duke wasn't cheating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT