ADVERTISEMENT

Drew or cal

Drew or cal

• Drew

Votes: 92 78.0%
  • Cal

Votes: 26 22.0%

• Total voters
Why didn’t you include Barnes like you did in your other silly thread?

Last edited:
Everything is a hypothetical at this point. And I haven’t seen where cal has announced he’s leaving yet

Do people really think a coach like Drew couldn’t assemble a team or roster similar to either of the teams playing for the National Championship tonight?

Reactions: TM2013
I somewhat get the love for Oats. His style is fun to watch, but will it win championships? Guess my question is this. Watching this championship game both teams can score from the post, the perimeter, and driving. Both teams play good defense.
Is Oats capable of this or just a run and gun offense?

He’s hit or miss to get out of the first weekend. It’s not about assembling a team.
My point was Cal assembled teams in the past 6-7 years with far more top to bottom talent than any of the teams that made this years final 4 but couldn’t get there. I would like to see how far Drew or any other coach could have gotten with this years roster.

He had one great season and nothing since.
Ok so who do you hire instead? How many great seasons has Oates had at Bama?
Hurley? Maybe, but lots on here think he’s a head case.
Pearle? Old, baggage and what’s his accomplishments compared to Drew’s?
Then there’s the unrealistics like Wright or Brad Stevens or Rick Pitino.
Nobody wants Donovan apparently either.

Name an actual realistically attainable Coach with a better resume who would gladly come here?

My point was Cal assembled teams in the past 6-7 years with far more top to bottom talent than any of the teams that made this years final 4 but couldn’t get there. I would like to see how far Drew or any other coach could have gotten with this years roster.
Sure yeah cal sucks we both agree. lol.

I’ll say this about this years roster. It was light. The players weren’t physical enough to get far. But that’s a reflection of the coach because he’s very weak himself.

My point was Cal assembled teams in the past 6-7 years with far more top to bottom talent than any of the teams that made this years final 4
This is not true at all. This year’s UConn team may be the most talented team in college basketball since our 2015 team. You’re confusing NBA prospects with talent and those are not the same thing.

Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT