ADVERTISEMENT

Doug Sirmons is shockingly bad at his job

RMorris33

Senior
Oct 26, 2006
Watching Texas A&M-Florida Atlantic and this clown Sirmons has already called two techs on A&M in the first half for taunting. Are we really going to be that soft, Doug? The last tech was for Taylor chirping at the FAU bench, a few minutes after a FAU player did the exact same thing to the A&M bench - no call. So we're giving FAU 4 free points because of "talking" when everyone on the court is talking.

College basketball officiating needs a complete overhaul. I'm so sick of guys like Sirmons, Ayers, Higgins, etc putting their fingerprints all over meaningful games. These dudes have unbelievable egos and should not be able to arbitrarily hand out points because they got their feelings hurt by a player

We need to send the men’s officials to call women’s games and the women’s officials call all men’s games. Couldn’t be any worse and might be better!

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Refs build name recognition by sucking. The worse they suck the more likely they are to get assigned to big games

Reactions: jrpross
There's a reason he's known as the two headed snake. Some games he does decently well (especially for UK) other games he's horrendously awful. We haven't seen him since KU last January. Thankfully.

That dude also pooped in my chimney.
got the footage for ya.

chimneypoop-jimmyonthechimney.gif

Watching Texas A&M-Florida Atlantic and this clown Sirmons has already called two techs on A&M in the first half for taunting. Are we really going to be that soft, Doug? The last tech was for Taylor chirping at the FAU bench, a few minutes after a FAU player did the exact same thing to the A&M bench - no call. So we're giving FAU 4 free points because of "talking" when everyone on the court is talking.

College basketball officiating needs a complete overhaul. I'm so sick of guys like Sirmons, Ayers, Higgins, etc putting their fingerprints all over meaningful games. These dudes have unbelievable egos and should not be able to arbitrarily hand out points because they got their feelings hurt by a player
Same thing happens in the pros, maybe even worse because those guys will never lose their job. The ref that talked to Tim Donaghy over 180 times when he was cheating still has a job. He hates Chris Paul. Paul is 0-15 all time including every huge playoff game he’s ever lost with 3 different teams. It’s a joke dude Refs his games because he is biased as all hell. Guarantee he helps fix games.

Yup and if we actually had an FBI that cared about doing their actual job they would look into this but I’m sure the right people get greased to keep the money flowing properly.
Not saying they've been stellar lately, but with the rise of antisemitism, threats from Iran, etc, I'd much rather them focus on other things.

NCAA football is almost as bad as basketball, imo
I disagree. They miss calls but they don’t take over and make games about them. How many football refs names do you know? I bet not as many as basketball. College basketball collectively has worse officiating than high school ball in the state of Kentucky. It’s really a joke most of those guys are still employed.

Way too much money going to major conferences and the NCAA to not have full time professional (and accountable) refs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT