ADVERTISEMENT

DJ’s shot

HYTCHYE ISLAND

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 7, 2013
He’s gonna have to hit a better percentage of the wide open shots he’s getting if we are gonna be what we want to be. Not putting it all on him but he’s gonna get a lot of open looks. He’s got to knock a good percentage of them down!

Is there a Hytchye Island?
Lol. No there isn’t. This was a screen name that a younger me chose when Darrell Revis was roving and the announcers always said don’t get anywhere near Revis island! Lol. Once upon a time the CATS signed a football player named Jaleel Hytchye and I thought the kid was gonna be lockdown in the secondary! He ended up transferring out and never saw any meaningful time here. Lol. What a great eye for fball talent I have, huh?

He’s fine. He can get to the hole on anybody and finish through contact. I also think he’s got Aaron Harrison level ice in his veins when it matter most.
I would be happier with more of an effort to setup his teammates rather than taking shots. Once he establishes himself as someone who will dish the ball, it will open up things a lot more for him. Currently, the defense knows he is looking to score first so they don't hesitate to leave their man to provide help defense.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I would be happier with more of an effort to setup his teammates rather than taking shots. Once he establishes himself as someone who will dish the ball, it will open up things a lot more for him. Currently, the defense knows he is looking to score first so they don't hesitate to leave their man to provide help defense.
I agree . This is more important to me since he is running the offense a lot . He isn’t a natural PG so he will have to learn as the season goes on .

I don’t know, think we’re nitpicking a bit. He had 5 assists today with no turnovers. And he’s always been a scoring guard.

He’s a freshman and it’s July. Definitely room and time to improve.

I wish Theiro would get to work on the three point shot. He would be tough to guard.

He’s fine. He can get to the hole on anybody and finish through contact. I also think he’s got Aaron Harrison level ice in his veins when it matter most.
That’s why I’ll always love Harrison, dudes went undefeated for 98% of the year, went to a NC and 2 final fours. Aaron didn’t miss when it mattered. One of our only guards who can say that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT