ADVERTISEMENT

Dillingham's Stats

Witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Dilly station.

DeathStar2.jpg

I am pleasantly surprised by RD. I love his energy, confidence, unselfishness and everything else about his game. However, I'm not crazy about his performance in late game situations. I'd be more inclined to give him more minutes the first 35 minutes of the game. In the last 5 minutes we need Sheppard, Wagner, Mitchell, Theiro and Reeves in the game.

I personally think Sheppard has had more impressive stats, with more steals and blocks and he is more efficient offensively. 67% from the field, 67% from 3, and 100% from the free throw line. That’s insane.

Dillingham has been impressive off the bench, but I like Sheppard’s all-around game.

Sheppard and Dillingham might be the best reserves in the country, right now. They combine to give us almost 27ppg off the bench.

And he has a really good assist to turnover rating. I was a little worried about him early pre season, but he has really settled down. Hope he gets a little more consistent on defense, but he's really been exciting to watch.

I am pleasantly surprised by RD. I love his energy, confidence, unselfishness and everything else about his game. However, I'm not crazy about his performance in late game situations. I'd be more inclined to give him more minutes the first 35 minutes of the game. In the last 5 minutes we need Sheppard, Wagner, Mitchell, Theiro and Reeves in the game.
I'd replace Wagner with Rob depending on the circumstances. You need a bucket win 30 seconds to go I really like the pick and pop action as seen last game with Rob and Trey!

Only thing I would change would be to sub Edwards for Reeves.

But even that is situational. If we’re up late I would prefer the extra defense. But if we’re down 2 possessions? Probably want Reeves and maybe Rob on the floor.

To be fair to Rob, it’s only November. And he’s already looked much more under control than he did this summer. Truth is, I would love to be putting teams away so the last 4 minutes don’t matter much.

Reeves got a little forgotten in the 2nd half last game. I would think when we were struggling and they were catching up, wondered why Reeves wasn't on floor for his 5th year senior buckets. Is he more defensive liability than our freshman?

Offense is not our issue. In fact it’s fools gold. Our issue and it will kills us in the tournament is defense. We will suffer in conference as well. Teams will simply not allow us to run and shoot at our whim. SEC teams are deep enough to foul and foul hard. You guys are thinking who can score best. Attention better be focused on who can defend. If the coaches don’t do this we’re in for some ass kickery as the schedule tightens up.

Reeves got a little forgotten in the 2nd half last game. I would think when we were struggling and they were catching up, wondered why Reeves wasn't on floor for his 5th year senior buckets. Is he more defensive liability than our freshman?
Defensive liability, and he tends to be a black hole on offense.

He is doing a little better so far this year as far as involving teammates though.

He took some really tough, unnecessary shots in that Kansas loss.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

He is doing a little better so far this year as far as involving teammates though.

Yeah, he doesn’t look to pass the ball much. I understand that he’s in there for shooting, but damn. Like you said, he takes some unnecessary shots.

I just wonder whether or not Reeves has it between the ears. His defense, even as a 5th(6th?) year senior is still really bad. All the other guys play with a lot of emotion and are constantly talking. Reeves always seems to be just going through the motions. He’s just like an island out there a lot of times.

He helps because of his shooting and floor stretching. But his demeanor is quite a bit different from everyone else’s.

One things for sure, his defense has to improve or he can’t be on the floor as much. Especially if and when Edwards gets going, which i expect to happen sooner rather than later. And i hâte saying that about a senior.

I just wonder whether or not Reeves has it between the ears. His defense, even as a 5th(6th?) year senior is still really bad. All the other guys play with a lot of emotion and are constantly talking. Reeves always seems to be just going through the motions. He’s just like an island out there a lot of times.

He helps because of his shooting and floor stretching. But his demeanor is quite a bit different from everyone else’s.

One things for sure, his defense has to improve or he can’t be on the floor as much. Especially if and when Edwards gets going, which i expect to happen sooner rather than later. And i hâte saying that about a senior.

I don’t know about between the ears. Seems like maybe a quieter kid and not a natural leader. But that isn’t the end of the world.

I think he’s a guy who can and will get you buckets in bunches, but isn’t really a complete player.

Like I mentioned somewhere else, the key when having guys like that is to use them to stretch the lead throughout the game so you don’t end up in a grinder with 4 minutes to go. I think he’s probably a net negative last 4 minutes of a close game.

Im not surprised. I was expecting him to come in and have a big impact. I didn't think he'd shoot it quite this well, but I knew with his speed, quickness, and confidence he'd be really good. His level of confidence in himself is unlike most players you see. Not that false confidence guys show. This guy thinks he can do anything on the basketball court as good as the best players to have ever played the game. He has that kind of confidence. Just wait as the season goes and he shows even more of his personality. Dillingham is a winner.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Your last 2 posts here seem like you should take your own advice.
I have had him on ignore since he always posted absurd predictions on games where we were most likely going to lose. Really like making fun of the situation at KY fans expense. Now that we are good- and have some exciting possibilities, he is being negative. Worst poster on this entire board hands down. At least with some other folks that tend to be confrontational, I rarely question their “fandom”. Herroes is here to make fun of KY. That’s all. You probably know this though.

Reactions: CGblue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT