ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone watch the WTVQ 36 sports Friday & saw what Jack Gohlke said?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
I just caught a little bit of it. But he said something like. He couldn't believe that Kentucky didn't change up their defense to stop him. Also said that he wanted to talk trash to Calipari but it looked to him like that Calipari had a look of defeat on his face midways through the 1st half & that he (Gohlke ) kinda felt sorry for him & didn't say anything. I mean just how much more embarrassing can it get.

Could someone find this video and post it

You know that things are bad when the other team starts to feel sorry for you. Way to go Calipari you've made us proud.

Last edited:
I just caught a little bit of it. But he said something like. He couldn't believe that Kentucky didn't change up their defense to stop him. Also said that he wanted to talk trash to Calipari but it looked to him like that Calipari had a look of defeat on his face midways through the 1st half & that he (Gohlke ) kinda felt sorry for him & didn't say anything. I mean just how much more embarrassing can it get.

What defense do you change to when a guy is going nuclear? People who have to guard Steph Curry want to know.

Reactions: john4uk
What defense do you change to when a guy is going nuclear? People who have to guard Steph Curry want to know.

What defense do you change? lol is this a parody account? Lead belly?

Might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard on this board.

What defense do you change lol.t

You CHANGE anything, you throw different looks, you mix it up, you TRY anything you can but then you’d have to understand that and dip sht Calipari doesn’t know what to do but sit there.

Creighton was down 16 last night to Tennessee. Coach McDermott threw a junk defense (box and 1 zone) at them and then proceeded to go on a big run cutting the lead to 3. So don’t think there isn’t a defense that can be employed. All it takes is a little creativity and COACHING acumen.

He didnt beat us….Knecht scored 40 a week before and we handle UT pretty well. We beat ourselves with the worst offensive effort of the season.
The 1-3-1 zone defense stifles a Cal coached team. He just keeps on trying to do the dribble jive.....I don't know why we don't see this from every team we play.

Cal will not scout a team in preparation.

Yes. That poster is a familiar troll who’s posted under countless different names here. He’s constantly starting new accounts and changing names, but his trollish lame-brained posting style still makes him easy to spot.

It’s best just to ignore his posts, they’re not worth talking seriously.

You CHANGE anything, you throw different looks, you mix it up, you TRY anything you can but then you’d have to understand that and dip sht Calipari doesn’t know what to do but sit there.
Funny that you couldn’t answer. You change anything… LOL, they did change and started face guarding him and they tried multiple players on him. It didn’t work because he was on a heater and made incredible shots. We didn’t even lose because that, untimely turnovers, missed bunnies, and having one of the worst offensive games of the season beat us. I’m a troll but none of you want to have a real basketball conversation.

Last edited:
Funny that you couldn’t answer. You change anything… LOL, they did change and started face guarding him and they tried multiple players on him. It didn’t work because he was on a heater and made incredible shots. We didn’t even lose because that, untimely turnovers, missed bunnies, and having one of the worst offensive games of the season beat us. I’m a troll but none of you want to have a real basketball conversation.
What a dumbass. Lol, half of his 3s were wide open because our piss poor defensive communication and not jamming screens.

The guy going nuclear even said hey change it up lol.

You know that things are bad when the other team starts to feel sorry for you. Way to go Calipari you've made us proud.
I didn't "laugh" at your post. I was laughing at the entire pitiful situation.

You don’t know basketball, you lazily adopt talking points. Sure they were wide open.

He hit a few that were well guarded but the majority of those looks came from not jamming him on screens and our piss poor rotations. While some recovered and he hit the shot, proper defensive positioning would not have let him even shoot it, especially not balanced.

When you are a scorer , a gunner , simply a shooter , all you need is the space to get the shot off . You assume it's going in IF you get it off without getting it blocked . You must force guys like that to put hot on the floor and drive , rendering them useless . We didnt . We did the opposite , we tried to " get a hand in his face" but thats obsolete . Terrible job on a future all church league turd . Because we have an immature spoiled coach .

He didnt beat us….Knecht scored 40 a week before and we handle UT pretty well. We beat ourselves with the worst offensive effort of the season.
Gee, it's almost like it was a terrible idea to put Mitchell in the starting lineup with Ugo because it changed our offense and clogged up the paint and driving lanes. I know Mitchell had a decent scoring game but I don't think he made a basket outside the paint.

Gee, it's almost like it was a terrible idea to put Mitchell in the starting lineup with Ugo because it changed our offense and clogged up the paint and driving lanes. I know Mitchell had a decent scoring game but I don't think he made a basket outside the paint.
That change in the starting lineup was a big fat middle finger from Benny who was tired of hearing all us bennies actually call for the best players to start the game , so he thinks " I'll show them I can change the starting lineup" too bad he's a moron and the bennies care more about winning than he does .. he sabotaged that game

I’m a troll but none of you want to have a real basketball conversation.
I don't know about troll, and I don't see all your posts, but it seems to me that your biggest motivation here is to defend Cal at all costs and attack fans. I absolutely question the timing of your arrival here and your motivation. Def "sus" as the kids say.

Cal wants to lose.

His mission is to get players to the draft.

He doesn't want to risk that by playing more than the 33 required games. Guys could get injured.

Learn it. Love it. He stated himself what his mission is.

I don't know that he wants to lose but winning is a good deal behind player development and draft potential/ "changing families' lives".

The worst part of all is he only cares about changing the lives of his let guys. He sure didn't seem to care about changing the lives of thiero, z, onyenso, or even reed. All those guys got their time basically against Cal's will when he saw he had no real choice but to play them. Z went 3 or 4 straight games with no minutes despite playing great nearly every appearance. Onyenso would've been pushed out last year had Bradshaw not been injured. Thiero threw himself around like a crash test dummy just to watch Edwards get his minutes.

So it really isn't even about "players first". It's some players first, or his guys first. Everyone else just has to settle for scraps or leave, if they aren't kicked out first.

I don't know about troll, and I don't see all your posts, but it seems to me that your biggest motivation here is to defend Cal at all costs and attack fans. I absolutely question the timing of your arrival here and your motivation. Def "sus" as the kids say.
More like defending the truth. There a millions reason to criticize Cal, y’all pick the most ridiculous ones that make no sense.

Several mediocre coaches are now UK material because they made the sweet 16 and aren’t Cal. If you say they’re not UK material you’re defending Cal. Golke was on a heater and hit a bunch of ridiculous 3’s, if you call it what it was you’re defending Cal. Calling out people make up lies and rumors about UK keeping players from getting NIL isn’t defending Cal, it’s defending the truth. Laughing at peoplecrying about the NBA draftas if it has anything to do with winning and losing isnt defending Cal. Y’all are just ate up with hatred and it controls your every thought about UK basketball.

More like defending the truth. There a millions reason to criticize Cal, y’all pick the most ridiculous ones that make no sense.

Several mediocre coaches are now UK material because they made the sweet 16 and aren’t Cal. If you say they’re not UK material you’re defending Cal. Golke was on a heater and hit a bunch of ridiculous 3’s, if you call it what it was you’re defending Cal. Calling out people make up lies and rumors about UK keeping players from getting NIL isn’t defending Cal, it’s defending the truth. Laughing at peoplecrying about the NBA draftas if it has anything to do with winning and losing isnt defending Cal. Y’all are just ate up with hatred and it controls your every thought about UK basketball.
Golke was on a heater, but he had some very good looks as well. A coach needs to adjust and try something different. "Play better defense" isn't a timeout huddle strategy.

I would argue, vehemently, that Cal is in fact a mediocre coach at this stage in his career. There isn't really anything in the past half decade that shows he's better than a few of the realistic names that float around here. In fact, I'd argue the risk on taking a chance is more favorable to staying with Cal. His arrow is clearly trending down at this point.

I actually think there is truth to Cal's priority of getting kids drafted over winning games. It seems valid. We can disagree, and that's fine. But, the head scratching decisions that he makes builds a pretty strong case for where his priorities are. I don't think it's just a fanatical conspiracy theory. Plus, there are his own quotes. The man's own words.

In short, you may not agree with most folks here, but there are valid reasons to believe how the majority feel. Attacking them, and name calling, really doesn't help your cause. Almost everyone here is now in agreement on Cal. And we can't all be crazy.

Sad to say but the kid is right, Cal never made any adjustments, he just looked lost, actually it affected the kids as well.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96

It certainly does make sense and there's nothing at all ridiculous about criticizing Cal for not changing up the defense. That's basic coaching whether you understand it or not.
We're passionate fans and are going to be upset when we lose. If that's more then you can handle then take a break from posting. No need to project your insecurities on every one else and try to make them look like the bad person.

Reactions: Midway Cat
That change in the starting lineup was a big fat middle finger from Benny who was tired of hearing all us bennies actually call for the best players to start the game , so he thinks " I'll show them I can change the starting lineup" too bad he's a moron and the bennies care more about winning than he does .. he sabotaged that game
I think Mitchell started cause he was our best player against zone defenses. He works the middle of the paint and passes well.

Are you mentally handicapped?
Lot of guys that either never played competitively or never coached . I made an entire thread about how he didnt " Go Off " He had a great night , about 2 made 3s above his average if he had went 8-20 IF. Listen people .. If he had have " Went off". he hits 12-13 out of 20 .. thats whats gunners do , they get hot , they get on streaks when the 1st couple go in .

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
It certainly does make sense and there's nothing at all ridiculous about criticizing Cal for not changing up the defense. That's basic coaching whether you understand it or not.
We're passionate fans and are going to be upset when we lose. If that's more then you can handle then take a break from posting. No need to project your insecurities on every one else and try to make them look like the bad person.
You’re so passionate that you guys make up rumors and push rumors that hurt UK. Everyone is upset when we lose, not everyone goes scorched Earth against their own program.

Look at the number of lies and BS rumors y’all have pushed the last year alone. You are bad people, that’s why you all the way you do and push the filth that you do.

You’re so passionate that you guys make up rumors and push rumors that hurt UK. Everyone is upset when we lose, not everyone goes scorched Earth against their own program.

Look at the number of lies and BS rumors y’all have pushed the last year alone. You are bad people, that’s why you all the way you do and push the filth that you do.
So, basically you're just big big sad that meanies don't like Cal. Gotcha.

Look, the guy just isn't a good coach. It's pretty simple, really. He can't do basic things well. He doesn't seem to do any prep work. His motivations and priorities are highly suspect. He's taken us into an embarrassing era of Kentucky basketball that weve rarely ever seen, and he takes verbal shots at fans because he's too thinned skinned to accept any of this criticism. If you can't see any of that, and you think it's all lies, then I don't know what to tell you. But it seems like 90% of us are done with Cal. I can't speak to the mindset of those that still have faith in him.

What’s his name for Oakland said he was shocked they didn’t try another look on a podcast this week. Said it allowed him to get in rhythm when it all looked the same. Said he could see the screens and knew he was gonna pop it as soon as he reached the second one. That’s what he’s talking about.

Thanks for letting me know you need to be on ignore.

If I saw he wasn’t going to miss, I would throw a double team on him every time he touched the ball. See how good of a passer he is. Make someone else beat us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT