ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Gabriel Caught pushing fake news

UKBrassowTipIN

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Don't really care, but I think truth does matter, regardless what it is. Especially as ppl are posting unverified info on new coaches and what not.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
No idea if it's fake or not, but if Calipari met with UK officials yesterday, as reported, it wouldn't necessarily involve lawyers and wouldn't necessarily be a formal counter-offer. Could be as simple as probing interest or throwing out ideas to stay, being perceived as a counter-offer.

Kind of odd this attorney is posting text messages though.

Don't really care, but I think truth does matter, regardless what it is. Especially as ppl are posting unverified info on new coaches and what not.

He was the first but wasn't the only one who said that. Far from it. Norlander got the same info too and he's way out in front on all this.

Important to remember that's Cals lawyer so he has only one goal and he isn't bound by the truth.

I’m sure he didn’t make it up on his own. Was probably told by someone “in the know” that cal wanted to stay at UK and used the Arkansas offer as leverage to strengthen his already stronghold stance he had (for what, who knows). Honestly don’t care if that part of the story is true or not. What I know to be true is we got a half ass effort from cal (that’s being generous) since 2019 and he is no longer here. THAT is all THAT MATTERS now!!!!

Reactions: Fox2monk
He was the first but wasn't the only one who said that. Far from it. Norlander got the same info too and he's way out in front on all this.

Important to remember that's Cals lawyer so he has only one goal and he isn't bound by the truth.
Exactly.

Some people are so gullible! Why would Cal want a counteroffer if Ark is going to pay him less. Taking a pay cut to his salary and getting 6 million or more NIL, guess it wasn't all about the money in his pocket! Maybe he just had to have more Nil Resorces. Why else would you walk away from a retirement off 33 million next year.

Some people are so gullible! Why would Cal want a counteroffer if Ark is going to pay him less. Taking a pay cut to his salary and getting 6 million or more NIL, guess it wasn't all about the money in his pocket! Maybe he just had to have more Nil Resorces. Why else would you walk away from a retirement of 33 million next year.
because the “counter offer” could be minimum NIL commitment or facilities upgrade

John Wooden is about to hop in the ring too.
eff97e5e1d66836592746b8c8120f682.gif

No idea if it's fake or not, but if Calipari met with UK officials yesterday, as reported, it wouldn't necessarily involve lawyers and wouldn't necessarily be a formal counter-offer. Could be as simple as probing interest or throwing out ideas to stay, being perceived as a counter-offer.

Yeah, I'm guessing that's Calipari ego control.

Reactions: Fox2monk and rudd1

That attorney even Cals dude? He could have made any contact that BTW and texted his wife to say that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT