ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul wins game 1 today.....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
by a 2-1 count in 10 innings. Game 2 will be for all the marbles, and a trip to the Super Regional. Blue Demons were the home team in the 1st game, Cats will be home team in the Regional final game.

The UK bats have to wake up in this second game if we want to win. I think we only had like 2 hits in the game.

Yeah, I think that's right 2 hits. They drew 4 walks and had 3 batters hbp, but they need to hit if they are going to advance !

DePaul must have PO'd UK because they run ruled them 10-1 in 5, That's 3 out of the last 4 years to the Super Regional. Now, if we could just get the baseball program up to that level.

Before todays games started I thought UK had an excellent chance of winning at least one of the games and advancing.

But after losing the first game 2-1 with only two hits, Nunley having pitched complete games three days in a row and having just completed a 10 inning (9.1) game I really didn't like our chances.

But when I left the game we were leading 10-1, (live video on Kentucky's official athletic site) I REALLY like our chances now.

UK now travels to Los Angeles to face the #3 seed UCLA bruins. The Bruins have a record of 51-6 on the season, while UK is 47-16. The wildcats need to swing the bats like they did today in the 2nd game against DePaul.

Rachel Lawson has to rank, along with John Cohen and others, among Barnhart's best hires.

Sounds like its going to be a tough task to beat UCLA. Like others have said they need to hit better than they did in regionals. Other than game 2 against DePaul, the Cats did not hit the ball all that well. Hopefully that changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT