ADVERTISEMENT

Deone "Big Cat" Walker

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
Just rewatched the UL game.
Deone Walker played an amazing game and was virtually unstoppable.

At one point Jordan Rogers said Deone played like a big giant cat. Light on his feet and arrives in a bad mood.

I will forever refer to Deone as "Big Cat" Walker.

I just hope we can find enough NIL money to keep him in Blue.

Just rewatched the UL game.
Deone Walker played an amazing game and was virtually unstoppable.

At one point Jordan Rogers said Deone played like a big giant cat. Light on his feet and arrives in a bad mood.

I will forever refer to Deone as "Big Cat" Walker.

I just hope we can find enough NIL money to keep him in Blue.

And it likely will just come down to money. I don't think that his draft stock would improve significantly other places. The guy is just a beast here as he would be other places.

His draft hype next year will be nice. Should be top 10-15. Maybe top 8 depending on how many teams need QB, because if you're good at QB with a franchise guy you're looking at D, probably DL specifically for another franchise piece.

Dude is cornerstone. You can build a defense around him.
Teams certainly have to game plan around him. Thats for sure.

Hasn’t he indicated that he’s staying at this point ?
Yes. But CMS said there would be a lot of offers coming his way with big bucks from the big boy football schools.

I'm sure Nick and Kirby will both be trying to buy him away from UK.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Bama and Georgia are loaded but I did not see a D lineman on either this year that is comparable to Walker. I don't think Kentucky has had a player that can dominate the way Walker has since Art Still.
Josh Allen just about dominated his last year. He seemed to be on a lot of players. Even when he didn’t get a sack seems like he could knock the ball out on a speed rush.

If he ever learned leverage and playing lower, he'd be literally unstoppable. It's mind-blowing what he does with playing basically standing straight up

Reactions: RunninRichie
Josh Allen is probably the only defensive player that has ever drawn my attention each and every play. Normally my eye is trained on the action with the other team’s quarterback or running back or just wherever the ball is. With Allen I couldn’t help but follow his every movement. He was a joy to watch.

Deone Walker comes back next year and he’s probably going to be next on that list. The dude is electric and is going to be impossible to stop after another year of development.

I have a lot of personal favorites on D, but I'm going to stick with that 5. Paschal was great for us and one of my absolute favorites of CMS recruits. Took me a while to come to that 5. If Walker transfers, Paschal replaces him, but given his current trajectory he seems to be top 5.

Some would say Paschal over Jamin Davis, but this is about quality of UK player. Jamin played one full season as a starter, could've started earlier, and was drafted 1st Round.

Reactions: ganner918
Walker is a bulldozer why not use him to block on offense short yardage and red zone plays like Still was used on the 77 team?

His draft hype next year will be nice. Should be top 10-15. Maybe top 8 depending on how many teams need QB, because if you're good at QB with a franchise guy you're looking at D, probably DL specifically for another franchise piece.

Dude is cornerstone. You can build a defense around him.
I love the way Walker plays, but I don’t know that he’s a top 10 pick in the NFL draft. He’s not an edge rusher.

Bama and Georgia are loaded but I did not see a D lineman on either this year that is comparable to Walker. I don't think Kentucky has had a player that can dominate the way Walker has since Art Still.
Remember when Curci would bring Still into the game on goal line situations? Imagine big Deon coming in on 4th and goal from the 1.

First half of the year Walker would take plays off every now and then, staff wanted him to be more assertive. Light seemed to come on for him the last third of the year.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT