ADVERTISEMENT

Dan McDonnell....

Not a UL fan but he seems to be a good guy and obviously a great coach. But we have to remember he worked for Jurass and because of that I assume the job gave him an open wallet for anything he needed. He has been making a mil/ year. With that said he has great seasons.

is rumored to be at the top of Mississippi State’s list and has interest in the job. Also on the shortlist are Schlossnagle and Tadlock.

Mingione is on the B list.

Schloss will not leave TCU for State. Tadlock seems to be a Texas guy so who knows. Now, McDonnell is an interesting situation. You gotta think somewhere in his mind he's afraid of what else could come out of UofL athletic department.

That million a year could keep him in place.

The well may start to run dry with all of u6's troubles. I don't know what Hendo makes but I thought I heard that Cannizaro made less that Mingione makes. Let's hope Minge stays on the B (or C) list.

Not a UL fan but he seems to be a good guy and obviously a great coach.
Dan is a great guy. I know that first hand. Not suggesting he's perfect, but he has a strong involvement in his Church.

The well may start to run dry with all of u6's troubles. I don't know what Hendo makes but I thought I heard that Cannizaro made less that Mingione makes. Let's hope Minge stays on the B (or C) list.

I don't think Cannizaro's salary is in any way relevant to what MSU is about to pay. With the new stadium, they have sold out club level seating and suites plus they are well on their way to selling out the ultra expensive lofts that are being built in left field.

They might very well become one of the few college baseball programs that makes money.

Dan is a great guy. I know that first hand. Not suggesting he's perfect, but he has a strong involvement in his Church.
Heard the same about him being a great guy from a media member - Petrino - ass, Pitino - mega ass, Dan Mc - great/nice guy.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Lots of media Miss. State baseball coverage in last month and half in Gulf Shores. Coach Mingione named mentioned a lot. About three weeks ago a sport station out of Jackson reported UK coach said he was very excited in his present position. Mentioned his present CATS squad, next season moving to state of art complex, and he and his family love for Lexington.
Maybe since then coach Minge is on MSU b. list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
Lots of media Miss. State baseball coverage in last month and half in Gulf Shores. Coach Mingione named mentioned a lot. About three weeks ago a sport station out of Jackson reported UK coach said he was very excited in his present position. Mentioned his present CATS squad, next season moving to state of art complex, and he and his family love for Lexington.
Maybe since then coach Minge is on MSU b. list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!

I think its more of a case of Cohen not wanting to go the young up-and-comer route again unless he has to. Even though he knows Mingione better than he did Cannizaro.

A big portion of the MSU fan base wants Butch Thompson of Auburn, but that may not be an attainable coach either.

Butch and Mingione are in the same category, unproven up-and-comers. Again, Cohen just went that route. His preference doesn’t to be to interested in going the same route at this point.

I still don’t understand why brown posts here. His take is the grass is always greener, anyplace but UK!

Reactions: WildcatDJ
Schloss will not leave TCU for State. Tadlock seems to be a Texas guy so who knows. Now, McDonnell is an interesting situation. You gotta think somewhere in his mind he's afraid of what else could come out of UofL athletic department.
Yes, it's doubtful that Schoss would leave TCU. He has a good thing going in Fort Worth with literally tons of talent in his back yard, which makes recruiting much easier.

Yes, it's doubtful that Schoss would leave TCU. He has a good thing going in Fort Worth with literally tons of talent in his back yard, which makes recruiting much easier.

Cohen said in a radio interview that he wants someone with extensive head coaching experience and multiple CWS appearances - and he wanted to hire him within 24 hours after that coach's season ended.

In other words, he is swinging for the fences which is good news for UK fans who think Mingione is the long term answer here.

Is McDonnell still the second highest paid baseball coach after O'Sullivan? State would have to come pretty close or exceed what O'Sullivan gets to land McDonnell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT