ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Issel speaking near Louisville 10/3 - free tickets

Sep 24, 2023
My son's college is hosting Dan Issel for a speech on October 3, and tickets are free. I believe he is signing autographs afterwards as well.

If you're an old timer like me, The Horse is almost definitely one of your all time favorite Cats!

I thought some of you on here might be interested in going. If so, here is the link to reserve the free tickets:

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Reactions: RonRajon
A free ticket to listen to him speak but the catch probably is $100 for his John Hancock.

From what I understand, no charge.

I know none of the speakers at their previous events charged for autographs.
Were there Hall of Fame Basketball players in the past? Not real familiar with this event but do know that Dan Issel does paid autograph signings and has contracts with promoters (True Autographs the vendor) that set up paid signings to get their piece of the pie too. I'm sure they won't be tickled if he gives them out for free. Could be a good opportunity for those not looking to break the bank and collect like I do.

Last edited:
Got Dan's, Louis, Kenny's and Tony's autographs a few years ago when they used to do free autograph sessions in the Lexington Center before games. Don't see why they couldn't still do that inside the entrance area in Rupp where there is a lot of space. Also would love to have the pep band performing again in the same area before games like they used. They don't seem to do much pregame stuff any longer.

I also have some from Dampier & Walker. Also Grevey, Nash, Hagan, Steele, Macy to name a few. Even more of the guys from the 90s on.

Issel has always been one of my all time favorite Cats.

One of the first big guys who would pull up and shoot it from anywhere on the court.

If the three point line had been around back in the late 60s, his all time scoring record would be even more untouchable.

Reactions: westerncat
Just checked. Still free tickets available for tonight.

He isn't doing an open autograph session, but everyone who attends will be entered into a free raffle to win signed balls and books.

I'm really excited about it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT