ADVERTISEMENT

Create UK starting 5 from bench

Todd Svoboda
Todd Svoboda
Todd Svoboda
Todd Svoboda
Todd Svoboda

UK won every game he played in by a lot. Let’s clone him 5 times and get rollin’.

Mark Pope
Devin Booker
Dicky Beal
Antonio Reeves
James Lee (not entirely sure if he qualifies, though)

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Pope, Booker and Reeves (may become ineligible by Feb) gotta be on the list. After that it gets tough. Maybe I’ll go Vanderbilt and Moss. Taking Moss over Ritchie.

Maybe I’m wrong but thought Beal started most of SR year, beside Masters
Nope. Beal only started 12 games as a senior. Harden started at the point for most of the season (Beal was injured when the season began), Beal didn't get inserted into the starting lineup until near the end of the season.

Although he certainly was good enough to start, which I think makes him a pretty easy choice for the point guard spot in this game.

Just going back 30 years which is my fandom...Reeves would be an obvious one but it is clear he will start this year.

PG- Quade Green
SG- Cameron Mills
SF- Johnny Juzang
PF- Kyle Wiltjer
C- Nate Sestina

We would play zone and shoot a ton of 3's.

C- Pope (8.2-6.3 in 22mpg for E8 team, then 7.6-5.2 in 20mpg for greatest team in modern era)
PF-Wiltjer (5ppg in 12mpg for Champs, 10.2-4.2 in 24mpg)
SF-Booker (10ppg, 3rd on team, in 21.5mpg for F4 team that was close to 40-0)
SG-Reeves (14.4ppg, 2nd on team, in 28mpg)
PG-Beal (6.3 & 4.4 ast in 22.5mpg for F4 team)

Beal will find them for open 3's; from 3 they shot:
Pope 37-89 (41.6%)
Wiltjer 90-231 (39.0%)
Booker 58-141 (41.1%)
Reeves 80-201 (39.8%)
Beal (before 3pt shot, but made 52% FGs over 2 years, 57.1% as SR, & at 5'11 some had to be from outside)

PF-Wiltjer (5ppg in 12mpg for Champs, 10.2-4.2 in 24mpg)
I overlooked Wiltjer because I mistakenly figured he must've started at least half his second season. But, nope, you're right ...turns out he only started 10 games in his entire two year career here.

So he's a very good choice for this game ...especially since he went on to be an All American at his next school.

Just going back 30 years which is my fandom...Reeves would be an obvious one but it is clear he will start this year.

PG- Quade Green
SG- Cameron Mills
SF- Johnny Juzang
PF- Kyle Wiltjer
C- Nate Sestina

We would play zone and shoot a ton of 3's.

This might be the worst defensive lineup ever to step foot on a CBB court.

But it sure would be able to shoot the shit out of three-pointers.

G Dominique Hawkins
G Johnny Juzang
G Devin Booker
F Bryce Hopkins
C Mark Pope

This might be the worst defensive lineup ever to step foot on a CBB court.

But it sure would be able to shoot the shit out of three-pointers.
I'll add Troy McKinley as the sixth man of the All Reserve team.

He'll be the perfect fit!

Wayne Turner- Freshman year
Devon Booker
Ron Mercer- Freshman year
Daniel Orton
Dakari Johnson

It’s football season. Don’t you mean our starting 11?? Check back in November 😊

Go Cats 🏈 BBN 💙

Didn’t Heshimu Evans win 6th man of year one year? Would include him if he didn’t start, Pope (easy choice considering he played several years in NBA), Derek Willis, Darius Miller(think he may have started most of his Junior games), Hawkins for sure

Didn’t Heshimu Evans win 6th man of year one year? Would include him if he didn’t start, Pope (easy choice considering he played several years in NBA), Derek Willis, Darius Miller(think he may have started most of his Junior games), Hawkins for sure
Evans started 35 games his senior year, ineligible for the criteria of the thread. Darius Miller started 69 of 76 games between his Sophomore (32) & Junior (37) seasons. Willis, Pope & Hawkins would be eligible.

Darius Miller(think he may have started most of his Junior games).
Miller started almost all of his sophomore and junior seasons, so he doesn’t qualify.

But, yeah, otherwise he’’d be a great choice. He was the perfect sixth man off the bench in the season that counted the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT