ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins In Big Danger Of Missing AllStar Game AGAIN, BBN Hasn't Helped Much

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
First off, voting ends Monday the 21st. DeMarcus has now fallen to 8th in West Frontcourt voting as of now. I made a thread about 3-4 weeks ago reminding BBN to vote for Cousins, Wall and Davis everyday and I made sure to bump it everyday. I stated last week that DMC was in danger of falling to 8th because Dwight Howard was closing in and I have begged the board to vote. But for the most part it seems likely most of the posters don't care and it's pretty sad IMO.

The fan vote only counts towards starters but you can pretty much tell from the fan vote who will make it. Each team has 3 frontcourt starters, 3 reserves, and then there's 2 players that can be picked from either the front or backcourt. So there's a minimum of 6 slots and a maximum of 8 slots for DMC. Davis, Gasol, Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Durant, Duncan and Howard are all ahead of DMC in fan votes. So Davis, Griffin and Gasol are locks in the top 3 spots since they're starters. I'd almost guarantee Aldridge makes it. So that 4 spots gone with only 2-4 left for 4 guys. Now most likely the coaches won't use both of the 2 all purpose spots for frontcourt players. The West has too many guards, so at the most that leaves 3 spots for 4 guys.

3 spot for Durant, Duncan, Howard and DMC. Cousins has been the best of the 4 this year. Will the coaches do the right thing and leave of Durant and Duncan due to not playing most of the year and not having good enough numbers respectively? Or will they make the game due to who they are. It won't surprise me to see both make it but i think the coaches might leave off Durant since he has missed most every game so far. But I'd also guess they pick Duncan for lifetime achievement. So that's another spot gone leaving at most 2 spots for maybe Dwight and DMC. If Durant is left off and that happens then DMC makes it. But with the West being loaded with guards it wouldn't surprise me at all if the coaches use both of the 2 all purpose picks for guards. Which means there's 1 spot for Howard and DMC. Everybody knows who deserves it but Howard had put up very good numbers even though they're inferior to Cousins' plus Howard is a leader on one of the best teams in the league. Those two facts are what makes me think Howard gets that last spot. Once again for the second straight year leaving DMC out of the game when he should have made it.

LeBron , Curry and Davis are the leading vote getters all around a million votes a piece. Calipari has 1.3 million twitter followers. If Cal had just sent a tweet pleading his followers to vote for DMC then he might be starting, let alone just making the game. I asked Cal to do it but he never did. Maybe he didn't wanna show favortism to one of his former guys over others, I don't know.

I just know that there is 3 Days left to vote and we have let DeMarcus down for the second straight year. That guy gave us everything his had while he was here. We have had many Cal guys love UK and this state in general and DeMarcus might love us more than anybody. He comes back and he talks about Kentucky a lot. It's just a shame that he isn't starting in the game like he rightfully should. But it's down right infuriating that he's on the chopping block to miss the gameu. The current voting returns are linked. Everybody please vote until voting ends on Monday. Do it for DMC. He did a ton for us. It's the least we could do for him. Vote thru texts, Facebook, twitter, Instagram and the NBA game time app.

Thank you.

3rd NBA Allstar Voting Returns, PLZ Vote, Ends Mon

It's truly sad that a guy can make team USA, as a starter above all, and not even get in the NBA all-star game. Everybody knows that he is one of, if not the best Center in the game right now. I really do hope our fans make a big push for him. Cal is also trying to get more fans in on it. I hope Cousins gets to play in it. He deserves every bit of it.

This post was edited on 1/16 4:31 PM by Rhavicc

I've voted several times now and I've voted for Davis, Wall, Cousins, and Knight every time.

Just voted:

Cousins
Davis
Jones
Bledsoe
Goodwin

James
Noel
MKG
Knight
Wall

Could have went with Kanter, but I found TJ first.

OP,

Don't assume BBN hasn't helped much. You really don't know that. I think those members of BBN who actually are internet savvy have been voting for Cousins, including people on this message board.

It's the rest of the NBA fans who have left Cousins off the list. That and the fact that Sacramento is a ghosttown as far as fan involvement and media are concerned. Had Cousins been in Boston or Chicago, he'd be a top 5 vote-getter.

I'll put this in here also. 2 days ago Cousins had 32 points, 16 boards and 9 assists. That's a unreal game and hasn't been done in the NBA since 2011. But he would and should have had better numbers, including another assist for a triple double. In the fourth quarter Tyson Chandler had one of the worst flops of alltime to draw DeMarcus his 6th foul and foul him out. The game then went into overtime and the Kings lost. How a ref saw this and called it was bullishhh and he should be reprimanded. Chandler himself was fined $5,000. So Chandler basically spent 5K to get DMC out of the game and bought himself a win.

And yeah Cane, people don't reaps him because of the way the media has made him out to be. The media has turned him into the biggest thug in the NBA from their perspective and the public in general just believe it without actually looking at it closer. Perception is reality unfortunately and the media has absolutely screwed DeMarcus. He is total different from the way he's made out to be and talked about. It makes me madder than just about anything else in sports how DeMarcus gets treated by opposing players and the media and then how they talk about him.

Just Pathetic, Hilarious Had It Not Fouled DMC Out

Demarcus, get out of the SAC as fast as you can big guy. It's a death trap for your perception around the nation.

Originally posted by BlueBomb:

Cuz will make the all-star game.
This. I think most intelligent UK fans know this...just like they believed UK could still win the game last week and did not quit on the team like some do.

This post was edited on 1/16 2:45 PM by UKWildcats#8

Agree with Son of Saul...there's only so much we can do, most of those other players are from major markets with huge fan bases that will vote. It's Sacramento, so most NBA fans probably don't realize the kind of year he's having. Put him in 10 other markets and he's a lock.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
Nevermind, not worth it.
This post was edited on 1/16 4:45 PM by UKWildcats#8
Glad you edited that. Yea I said we were gonna lose during the first half because I was pissed at the effort and didn't think it would change but I was also hoping for a reverse jinx. We were extremely lucky to get outta Texas with that win. But, this isn't the place for that. This is about DeMarcus.

I said BBN hasn't helped much because a thread bumped everyday for nearly a month has like 60 replies. There just didn't seem like there was much interest in it. But I really appreciate the ones in the BBN who have took the time to vote for our guys. Yes UKWildcats#8, I love our NBA Cats. I love them like I do our current players. They're all Kentucky Wildcats, one way or another players have to leave UK but they're still all Cats. DMC just happens to be my favorite player ever, of any sport.

Jason, you're right the fans only vote the starters. But like I said that list is a real good indication of how things will end up though. There will be 3-5 spots, like just 3 or 4, to be had between Aldridge / Durant / Duncan / Howard / Cousins. You know Aldridge will get a spot so that leaves 2-3 slots for the other 4. Now we all know DMC is most deserving but do you really trust the coaches to pick Cousins over those Durant/Duncan/Howard? I don't, not with the way DMC is talked about in the media and likely the coaches do the same. I also saw Sports Illustarted do their Allstar Teams or projections and Cousins and Duncan were the two left out. I've also seen other articles and predictions on the teams and DMC is commonly left off just barely.

Its just sad and ridiculous IMO.

I voted for DeMarcus. Again. But why did the OP make me remember Sally Struthers trying to talk me into sending money to save kittens.

If cus doesn't make the all star game then it's the coaches who kept him out, not these votes

Originally posted by ZaytovenCat:

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
Nevermind, not worth it.
This post was edited on 1/16 4:45 PM by UKWildcats#8
Glad you edited that. Yea I said we were gonna lose during the first half because I was pissed at the effort and didn't think it would change but I was also hoping for a reverse jinx. We were extremely lucky to get outta Texas with that win. But, this isn't the place for that. This is about DeMarcus.

I said BBN hasn't helped much because a thread bumped everyday for nearly a month has like 60 replies. There just didn't seem like there was much interest in it. But I really appreciate the ones in the BBN who have took the time to vote for our guys. Yes UKWildcats#8, I love our NBA Cats. I love them like I do our current players. They're all Kentucky Wildcats, one way or another players have to leave UK but they're still all Cats. DMC just happens to be my favorite player ever, of any sport.

Jason, you're right the fans only vote the starters. But like I said that list is a real good indication of how things will end up though. There will be 3-5 spots, like just 3 or 4, to be had between Aldridge / Durant / Duncan / Howard / Cousins. You know Aldridge will get a spot so that leaves 2-3 slots for the other 4. Now we all know DMC is most deserving but do you really trust the coaches to pick Cousins over those Durant/Duncan/Howard? I don't, not with the way DMC is talked about in the media and likely the coaches do the same. I also saw Sports Illustarted do their Allstar Teams or projections and Cousins and Duncan were the two left out. I've also seen other articles and predictions on the teams and DMC is commonly left off just barely.

Its just sad and ridiculous IMO.
Fair enough. I think playing in Sac-Town kills Cousins. Plus, I do not think the BBN is enough to get him starter votes or high enough if others do not do the same outside of it. We have a big fanbase compared to your typical basketball fanbase, but the NBA is a global sport.

I'd love to see Cousins leave and go somewhere he can win. Hell, go to the Lakers...they will put a good team around him (Randle, draft pick this year, etc) for sure. Kobe is done. It would be Cousins team for a decade. Or the Celtics, or any team that knows how to win.

Originally posted by MdWIldcat55:
I voted for DeMarcus. Again. But why did the OP make me remember Sally Struthers trying to talk me into sending money to save kittens.
laugh.r191677.gif
And, yeah, I voted already too.

I voted, again.

But not to single out the OP but as big as the UK fanbase is, it still is a small drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the US and parts of the US.

Originally posted by thecatsareback#8:
I voted, again.

But not to single out the OP but as big as the UK fanbase is, it still is a small drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the WORLD
fixed

Thank you guys for voting!

I'd actually LOVE to see DeMarcus go to Washington. It looks like Wall is staying because he's actually built that team in a legit East contender. Adding Cousins could make them a legit Championship contender. Plus how awesome would it be seeing Wall and Cousins back together again. We already know they have great chemistry and play great together. I really, really want to see how Washington would do with DMC. I always wanted Wall to leave because I thought Washington would never be good but he's actually turned that franchise around. Wall, Beal and DMC would be one of the best trios in the NBA, add the facts at how young they are and it's even better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT