ADVERTISEMENT

Collins Officially Announced Today 4/23/22

Bring back Sharpe and we have our last missing piece.

No Sharpe, and it will be an uphill battle throughout March next year. I'm not really interested in uphill battles at this point. BBN needs an overwhelming title favorite to offset all the disappointments lately. Riding this thing out like we're merely trying to keep up in Auburn and Tennessee is unacceptable.

No Sharpe, and it will be an uphill battle throughout March next year. I'm not really interested in uphill battles at this point. BBN needs an overwhelming title favorite to offset all the disappointments lately. Riding this thing out like we're merely trying to keep up in Auburn and Tennessee is unacceptable.
Exactly got to have that game changer or next season will mirror this season!

Collins has to really get after it during this off season. Hopefully practicing against Oscar last season proved that to him. He’s got much potential.

He’s got a chance to be really good. I’d rather have him over Hopkins if I had to pick one of the 2. I always thought 1 of the 2 would come back.
If Hopkins gets his weight down and learns to dribble, I think he will be good down the road. Agree though, Collins ceiling is way higher, literally. Lol.

Reactions: JwUKFan11

Exactly got to have that game changer or next season will mirror this season!
It ain’t gonna be Sharpe though boys as you know. Sucks.

How this kid’s body looks come mid-October is going to tell us a lot about not only his own work ethic, but that of the current strength training staff.

Reactions: STL_Cat

Shapre is so far gone I just won’t even consider it.

He’s got a chance to be really good. I’d rather have him over Hopkins if I had to pick one of the 2. I always thought 1 of the 2 would come back.
Hopkins got 20 minutes fewer all season, I was surprised Collins didn't xfer too.

Interestingly enough Ware played fewer minutes than both.

Glad to have him back but I don't really see where he fits. He's a stringbean as we know and built like Walter McCarty but doesn't have the handles or the shot-making ability. And we know Cal will probably park his ass in the paint and he just doesn't have the body type to be effective. Hopefully he can be a high-level shot blocker and out-jump everybody for rebounds.

Reactions: wmarkedwards
Glad to have him back but I don't really see where he fits. He's a stringbean as we know and built like Walter McCarty but doesn't have the handles or the shot-making ability. And we know Cal will probably park his ass in the paint and he just doesn't have the body type to be effective. Hopefully he can be a high-level shot blocker and out-jump everybody for rebounds.
He can be the stretch four we don’t have on roster is how he fits in. And give Oscar a blow if we don’t want to go with Ware…who ain’t bad as backup

Skal 2.0

As far as impact, maybe. Skal was skilled but Cal wanted to make him Shaq. Totally misused him just like he did Sarr last year.
Dude, Skal and Sara average like 3 rebounds a game, come on, those two were soft, soft, soft, Boston was soft, you can say they were miss-used, but you got to show up to be miss-used. That's why I and the nation loves Oscar, he goes and gets it.

I do think Collins has to put on more weight and be used as rim protector. He was a string bean with bad footwork. He's got to get better at anchoring himself instead of new born colt on ice. But am pleased he's back.

He just needs to show up at practice with a backpack full of pop tarts. BCG

Reactions: WallMashKyBall
Just a suggestion here. If we don't want UK to have a reputation for having sadistic, hair-trigger, overly-critical fans, we could try to make our evaluations of player limitations less brutal. Be proper gents instead of creeps.

It's a suggestion.

Reactions: bluesundown
He just needs to show up at practice with a backpack full of pop tarts. BCG
billyg.jpg

Got a bunch of good pieces. We just once again don’t have “the guy”. We had one last year until Ty got hurt. Frustrating

Got a bunch of good pieces. We just once again don’t have “the guy”. We had one last year until Ty got hurt. Frustrating
Cal's best teams have guys who can create their own shot in the halfcourt, and multiple guys. 2008 had Rose and CDR. 1996 had Camby and Dingle. 2015 had Towns and the twins. 2017 had Fox and Monk. 2012 had Lamb, Jones, and Davis.

It looks like Wallace is that type of guy, but Oscar is a guy who needs others to set him up. We need a second elite scoring option.

Oh whine. Another entitled whiny fan. No wonder Cal rips this sort of pseudo fan.

Collins was 86% on free throws. I find that to be a pretty good indicator of whether a player can shoot. Shows they practice on their own.
If he can put on good weight, endurance and strength we know he can finish way above the rim — he might have a good face up game from 15 and in. Not sure about his post moves. We do know he is a high level athlete who can run and jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT