ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stoops didn’t sound locked in on Coen in his PC today

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
Said that some of the speculation was way off. Said he was continuing to interview candidates and that he was surprised at how many were interested.

He said he would take his time and get the right fit for our personnel.

No he did not - I think the speculation he said that was way off was running back ST Coach person.
Hopefully he’s just staying mum until Liam is locked up

Reactions: Davae9 and catben
Said that some of the speculation was way off. Said he was continuing to interview candidates and that he was surprised at how many were interested.

He said he would take his time and get the right fit for our personnel.
Well the last time he had a press conference and said no decisions have been made, gonna take my time with this, he fired Scangarello the next day.

Coach speak. Coaches say speculation is off all the time just to do it anyway right after. I would say the Liam-meter is still pretty hot. We would have heard more names if the speculation was wrong. But we shall see.

Acknowledged on two different occasions the need for the RB coach to be a recruiter. Music to my ears. I have never understood why there isn't a logjam of talented backs at that position with the OLine we've had and the emphasis Stoops puts on running the ball.

I firmly believe if Yenser is still with us, Coen had input on it. I would be way surprised if an OC besides Coen keeps him.

1000% coachspeak. Probably trying to do this in a way to not piss off the Rams & McVey.
Also, its never done until the ink is dry so keep your options open until the deal has been finalized. As a bonus, Coen can back channel recruiting wise.

Also said that we played too slowly, that he's not interested in running 35+ seconds off the clock every play with the new OC. If you're gonna be bad on offense, at least go fast, right? Being bad AND boring - not a selling point.

Reactions: catben
Stoops said in the pc he’s interviewing another candidate this week

It sounds to me that some big time coaches may be interested since we have been so relevant the last several years. Stoops has a reputation of being a really good HC to work for with great stability and backing from the administration. Didn't ever think I 'd say this but UK is a favorable and cherished destination for players and coaches alike.

ADVERTISEMENT