ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K talking shooting as his excuse....confidence

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
They're not as confident as they have been.

Not one word on their defense and how Okafor was floating around the perimeter out of position.

Seth Greenberg talks Duke defensive issues, but K says zilch.

I smell another one and out for the Dukies this year come tourney time.

Has K ever had a good defensive team? Seems to be his biggest weakness and why his teams are constantly being upset in the tournament. Kinda shocked at how bad they looked last night.

The coach of Miaimi was crystal clear with how they beat Duke. He said Duke extends the floor on their defense and that opens up driving lanes. he said you can exploit that if you have guards who can get a step on their man.

That got me thinking about us. One of the things we haven't done as well these last 3 games is have our guards beat their man and drive the lane, we used to get alley-oops galore. Ulis doesn't turn the ball over, but he doesn't drive much anymore. Andrew isn't know for his first step. Anyway, i'm not worried, but Miami coach comment got me thinking about us.

Originally posted by WallMashKyBall:
The coach of Miaimi was crystal clear with how they beat Duke. He said Duke extends the floor on their defense and that opens up driving lanes. he said you can exploit that if you have guards who can get a step on their man.

That got me thinking about us. One of the things we haven't done as well these last 3 games is have our guards beat their man and drive the lane, we used to get alley-oops galore. Ulis doesn't turn the ball over, but he doesn't drive much anymore. Andrew isn't know for his first step. Anyway, i'm not worried, but Miami coach comment got me thinking about us.
Teams are playing a sagging zone against us. No room to drive and lob.

If you play man to man you are asking for it.

Duke's D is pathetic and they turn the ball over a lot when pressed. Okafor is a great offensive player and rebounder, but plays very little D. Duke will struggle greatly against UofL's pressure this weekend.

They don't play defense and if they're hitting below 35% from three, they will lose games.

With the way Duke plays D, if lil brother shoots anywhere near a decent FG% they should win that game going away this weekend.

I was super impressed with the way Miami handled the late-game pressure and the crowd. NCState started to break down for a few mins in their game, and that was even in Raleigh. If it had been in Cameron, I think the collapse would have been complete. Miami's guards went thru the press like a hot knife thru butter. Duke's approach to defense is wait until we are down double digits and then put on a smothering press and hope for the best.

Originally posted by runt#69:
With the way Duke plays D, if lil brother shoots anywhere near a decent FG% they should win that game going away this weekend.
Louisvilles shooting percentage
laugh.r191677.gif
... well they're sunk.

One thing that I noticed hurt Duke, is when they get down by 10 or so and there is 8 minutes to go in the game, they just start jacking 3s like crazy.

Duke has always played extended man to man in the half court. It can work when you've got quick guards who are able to stay in front. But their guards got really exposed last night, I mean it was blow by after blow by.

And Okafor was bad when Miami went to a lot pick and roll action, he got lost quite a bit.

That's because we play against a zone..... Teams don't play us man to man.... So, who can our guards take to the goal..... ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT