ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Hagan turning 92

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Cliff Hagan turns 92 years old Saturday. The Owensboro native scored 1,475 points and grabbed 1,035 rebounds in his three varsity seasons as a Wildcat, and he won one national championship and earned first-team All-America recognition twice during his time on campus. The five-time NBA All-Star later became UK’s athletics director. He was inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame in 1978, becoming the first former UK player to receive that honor. - LHL newsletter.

He was a great one. Never saw him play at UK but saw him play at Cincinnati Gardens as a member of the St. Louis Hawks. Had the honor of playing in pick up basketball games with him at Memorial Coliseum at Noon where you could find him playing most days. Having lived in Owensboro for almost a decade, you learned about the legend. Not surprised that he has lived into his 90s,

Lil Abner wow time keeps marching on Bobby Watson still alive ?

I was too young to remember Hagan’s playing days at UK, (although I’m 70+) but listened to many ST. Louis Hawks pro NBA games when Hagan played alongside Bob Pettit from LSU. Great combo. Hagan had a patented hook shot as I recall.

He's fed me a bunch of ribeye sandwiches over the years
That was a very good restaurant on Winchester rd and Saratoga in
Chevy chase ate there before going to memorial With my father awesome memories

That was a very good restaurant on Winchester rd and Saratoga in
Chevy chase ate there before going to memorial With my father awesome memories
I worked in Frankfort for a few years. Once a week the ribeye sandwich with cheese for lunch

Not NO but HELL NO
He served as the Athletics Director after Harry Lancaster for a few years and took a bullet or two on behalf of the Department to protect UK, the Department, and individuals...the days when he was AD were the wild Wild West days for college athletics and also a time when UK would have had a lot of what is now called NIL money. Lots of the big buck people are no longer with us and a few of those that are still around are not engaged as they once were.

Why not enlighten us?

702428---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: grevey35
Distant cousin and shares my last name . Never got to meet him, but he is one of the reasons I have always been a huge Kentucky fan. I used to work on my hookshot all the time as a kid and it always came in handy against taller opponents.

Reactions: grevey35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT