ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Coaching Salaries 2021

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018

Stoops sits at 15th in the country in terms of head coaches just $200k short of Sarkisian at Texas. The assistant coach and S&C links haven't been updated yet.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Apparently KSR ran a story this morning that UK's assistant football coaches salaries are among the lowest in the SEC. I know no details, just from brief comments on Twitter. If true, that could blow up the program before it really gets started and would be typical of past UK administrations.

Apparently KSR ran a story this morning that UK's assistant football coaches salaries are among the lowest in the SEC. I know no details, just from brief comments on Twitter. If true, that could blow up the program before it really gets started and would be typical of past UK administrations.

This was last year's assistant coaching salaries: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

All seems derived from today's ESPN.com article. UK's coordinators - and Marrow as recruiting coordinator - all make $900k range. There were 25 coordinators in the country making $1 million plus. That's not a huge discrepancy, imo.

I think the bigger discrepancy is 3-5 of UK's assistant coaches making $300-$450k range when their counterparts are making $600k. Last year UK's defensive line coach made $300k. I assume he makes more this year, and some of it last year was his experience level, but there aren't many SEC DL coaches making that amount. I think a nuance some people miss is that UK is a lot of position coaches first SEC job whereas the DL coach at Florida/UGA/LSU/Bama has probably been an assistant or coordinator at earlier stops and so demands a higher salary by the market.

Won't know for sure until the assistant salaries get updated for 2021.

I see a big raise for Pittman at Ark coming!

Also surprised at how far down the list Kelly at ND is.

Stoops sits at 15th in the country in terms of head coaches just $200k short of Sarkisian at Texas. The assistant coach and S&C links haven't been updated yet.
How the heck does Dan Mullen deserve that kind of money? He may be a good OC but he isn’t an elite HC! He is 1-14 vs Saban and Kirby and Kirby has more top 10 wins this year than Dan does in his career! He is 1 or 2-24 vs top 10 teams . Dan has won one div title in his career and no SEC Cs

Reactions: YaketySax
David Shaw has an incredible agent. He's a lot better agent than Shaw is a coach. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't suck but he isn't the 3rd best coach in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT