ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Pope article.

Not a lot new there, but still nice to see affirmation and acknowledgement of what Pope is trying to do.

What did you think of it, Elliot Tim?

I'll reserve judgement. I mean, the dribble drive was considered innovative for a minute or two. :)

One thing I really like about Offensive coaches is that the rules are never going to go backwards to favor defenses (at least not heavily). Favoring defenses in any sport leads to injuries and the players nor the player union (for pro sports) want that, that's why almost all of them have made rule changes to support offensives and limit what the defense can do. Things like not allowing two hands for defensive pressure, or in the case of the NFL, banning the hip-drop tackle.

If anything, a sport like college basketball is just going to lean even more heavily into offensive flow, an I'd rather have an offensive minded coach than a defensive one. If you can get a good offensive minded coach who has an actual proven system, things will only open up for him. While a guy like Tony Bennett will have to instruct his players what they can no longer do every few years.

Not a lot new there, but still nice to see affirmation and acknowledgement of what Pope is trying to do.

What did you think of it, Elliot Tim?
I think there's a degree of speculation.
I hope for the best, but I don't have unrealistic expectations the first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT