ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Gators ....Sat. game 2..

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
UK looks to wrap up the series today @ 1:00 pm at the Cliff. Chandler Shepherd takes to the mound, the game will be televised on Fox Sports South, with Tom Werme and Larry Conley calling the action.
A win coupled with a loss by Vandy and USC would tighten up the SEC east considerably.

Gators with 2 runs in the 1st, leave 2 on in the second inning. Cats leave a runner stranded in 1st. Gators up 2-0 going to bottom of inning 2.

Gator catcher hits a solo HR in top of 3rd, Shelby gets a 1 out double for UK, but cannot get any farther. Gators lead 3-0 going to the 4th.

Now losing 8-0. Can't say I like Henderson's decision to put in Sam Mahar with the bases loaded and just one out. Sam just didn't seem like the type to get you those hard outs. Of course, Henderson had to put him in because at the beginning of the inning the only pitcher he sent to warm up was Mahar.

Florida has busted it open, leading 9-0 going to top of the 8th. Gators with 14 hits, Cats with only 3 so far.

Final UF 11 UK 10, if the Cats would have woke up before the 8th inning, we could have pulled this one out. Great that they hung in down at one point 9-0. Need to win tomorrow and take the series !

Kentucky baseball is so predictable. After they made their comeback I turned to my dad and said, "Watch, in the next inning they will give up a run or two and then in the bottom half Kentucky will get those runs back and end up losing by one." Sure enough... like clockwork that is what happened. Just kills me.

Sorry... I shouldn't be all negative. That was an excellent 8th inning and an excellent comeback. Have to give them a ton of credit for that, but something with our team needs to change where we stop giving up runs after making those late comebacks. I don't know what it is, but it has happened too many times in the past, particularly last year. Don't know if it is poor coaching decisions or just not having the pitchers to shut down opposing teams, but giving up insurance runs in the 9th is a huge baseball sin that needs to stop.

Wow, I left in the 6th, down 8-0. Not sure I am happy or sad that I bailed

TWO big games tomorrow, rubber game in baseball with Florida at noon and rubber game with A&M at 1 for softball.

Of course a HUGE win in basketball, now favored to win the NC, but I can't believe UConn beat Florida by 10.

Off the track a little, daughter told me about her niece (husband's side) that sounds like the Babe Ruth of college softball, the record is a little over 90 for four years and she hit 30 each of her first two years. She hit two early this year, one in h first game against UK which UK won 5-4 in extra innings (they were #2 in the nation then) and one more before being sidelined by a bad back, supposed to return in about five weeks. Has the rest of the year and next year to break the record. Name of Laureen Chamberlain, SS and 1st base, she also has the highest slugging percentage of the 50 top college home run hitters ever, a lofty .985.

Cumbess and Joiner and a couple others hit a lot for UK but hitting a hundred would be amazing and looks like she could do it injuries permitting

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:
UK looks to wrap up the series today @ 1:00 pm at the Cliff. Chandler Shepherd takes to the mound, the game will be televised on Fox Sports South, with Tom Werme and Larry Conley calling the action.
A win coupled with a loss by Vandy and USC would tighten up the SEC east considerably.
A very nice Sunday, we win a rubber game from Florida in baseball and one from A&M in softball.

Wow,,how many runs did we score against Florida in three games, about 35?

And a good possibly of one of those really rare things, a NC tomorrow night, can't wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT