ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs Aggies Game 2 Sat......

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
UK goes for the series win today at 3:05 edt. Cats will go with Soph. lefty Dylan Dwyer, who has really pitched well of late. A win today would be big as far as the SEC race is concerned.
After the fielding fiasco of last Sunday and the 5 errors committed against Mizzou, the Cats have had 2 straight errorless games, both on the road no less, I believe when this happens with the way we swing the bats, our chances of winning go up dramatically. So, lets go Big Blue, and win the series today, deep in the heart of Texas !

A&M gets a run in the bottom of the 1st, Cats tie it up in the top of the 3rd, get only 1 run despite getting 4 hits in the inning. UK has left the bases loaded in both the 2nd and 3rd innings, maybe they will break thru with several runs a little later.

Tried to listen online from UKathletics and I get nothing. At least the game stats page is working. Good to see Kuhn get on and then AJ knocking him in.

Cats plate a run in the top of the 5th, Kuhn doubles, Reed with an rbi single. Cats up 2-1 bottom of the 5th.

UK adds another run in the 6th, Shelby with a triplr, scores on an error by the left fielder. Cats up now 3-1 heading to bot of 6th.

Kuhn is getting to be a pitcher killer. I wonder how many pitchers get relieved right after he hits them up?

Originally posted by Old_Red:
Kuhn is getting to be a pitcher killer. I wonder how many pitchers get relieved right after he hits them up?
Yep, Kuhn leads off the 7th with a double, Aggies bring in a lefty, and A J Reed greets him with a 2run homer, his 15th of the season. Cats up 5-1, time to stretch in Aggieland.

Dwyer goes 6 and 2/3 innings, leaves with 2 on and 2 out. Salow comes in and gets a strikeout to end the 7th. Great job by Dwyer today, in line for his 5th win of the season. Cats still up 5-1 going to the top of 8.

I have to say, our bullpen has not been great this season, but we have had to use a lot of different starters and they have all stepped up. If we make the NCAA tournament then that will be extremely invaluable. UK up 8-1 now.

Cats add 4 more runs in the 8th to now lead 9-1. Reed with a monster day, 4-5 with a 2 run HR and an rbi double, Kuhn with a 3-5 game as well.

11-1 now going to the last half inning. UK has 17 hits. Just outstanding performance today. Kuhn having an amazing day. 4 for 6 with 4 runs, and RBIs.

I don't know if Henderson is saving Salow for tomorrow or just trying to use this lead to get some others some experience, but he put Brown in to pitch the 9th and he gave up 3 straight singles. So, Henderson had to go to Jack to try to finish this. The score is now 11-4 with just 1 out and TAMU getting to the heart of their lineup.

Jack got us out of any further trouble. Glad we didn't add anymore drama to that situation. UK takes the series and game two 11-4. Go for the sweep tomorrow with Nelson on the mound at 1:05.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Jack got us out of any further trouble. Glad we didn't add anymore drama to that situation. UK takes the series and game two 11-4. Go for the sweep tomorrow with Nelson on the mound at 1:05.
Yeah, it looks like Salow, Cody, and Jack are the 3 relievers we will have to go with. Dwyer is pitching great, as is Reed, Nelson has been pretty good, but has had terrible luck. Shepherd, when he returns from an arm laceration, will probably go back to long relief.
I have zero confidence in most of our bullpen, except occasionally Strecker, or Combs gives a decent outing, but Mahar is not getting it done or anyone else in the pen other than the big 3 !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT