ADVERTISEMENT

Cats are solid in RPI....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
as of 7:35 am on May 18th. According to Warren Nolan.com, UK has an RPI of 22 with a SOS at number 3. They are ahead of such teams as Oregon, Alabama, Miss. State, and right behind Oklahoma State.
With a win in the SEC tourney, we could move up into a solid #2 seed in a Regional somewhere. I have viewed projections that have the Cats in Virginia, Indiana, Washington, and Louisiana-Lafayette, so it is anybodys guess where we land. The most fun and interesting regional would be ........Louisville.

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:
as of 7:35 am on May 18th. According to Warren Nolan.com, UK has an RPI of 22 with a SOS at number 3. They are ahead of such teams as Oregon, Alabama, Miss. State, and right behind Oklahoma State.
With a win in the SEC tourney, we could move up into a solid #2 seed in a Regional somewhere. I have viewed projections that have the Cats in Virginia, Indiana, Washington, and Louisiana-Lafayette, so it is anybodys guess where we land. The most fun and interesting regional would be ........Louisville.
Louisville would definitely be an interesting bracket, especially since we swept Louisville this season. Louisville is a top 5 team, but I am not extremely impressed with their wins and losses. Most of their wins are coming against very poor teams. So, I think that series might be fun. However, if I am in that regional and I am Henderson I might consider pitching Kyle Cody on Friday and gamble and save Reed for the number 1 seeded team. The concern comes in with who you pitch in the last game. Chandler has struggled in his last couple of starts, Nelson and Dwyer have not been consistent, and Brown and Combs really haven't shown me a whole lot so fa. We have a ton of arms, but I am not sure I could trust any of them to win the regional for us on Sunday/Monday.

I'm just happy to be in the discussion again. Still not happy with Henderson, but happy to see more baseball.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Louisville would definitely be an interesting bracket, especially since we swept Louisville this season. Louisville is a top 5 team, but I am not extremely impressed with their wins and losses. Most of their wins are coming against very poor teams. So, I think that series might be fun. However, if I am in that regional and I am Henderson I might consider pitching Kyle Cody on Friday and gamble and save Reed for the number 1 seeded team. The concern comes in with who you pitch in the last game. Chandler has struggled in his last couple of starts, Nelson and Dwyer have not been consistent, and Brown and Combs really haven't shown me a whole lot so fa. We have a ton of arms, but I am not sure I could trust any of them to win the regional for us on Sunday/Monday.

I'm just happy to be in the discussion again. Still not happy with Henderson, but happy to see more baseball.
Agree Comeback, the NCAA sometimes matches up regionals with big rivals in them. UofL has not really been as good as in years past, even though they have a fine record. I would also go with Cody in the 1st game and save Reed for the 2nd game. Shepherd has pitched better here lately, and Nelson could be the long relief man. I do not trust anyone other than Jack and maybe Salow out of the pen.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:

CB3...There is no way in Hell that UL deserves a #5 rating!!!!...Easily the most overrated team in the country ...Look at there schedule and tell me who they beat other than the Vandy game...They were swept EASILY by both UK and Indiana...I think that stepping into the ACC next yr inbaseball is going to be a bigger shock to them that in football...

Weekday games don't mean much. UK and IU had some nice wins but Teams are using their #4 starters and bullpen depth. With that said UL is not a lock to host. If they win the AAC tourney they will probably host but if they don't they could move to a high 2 seed.

I am not going to debate how good or not good UL is but the fact that they have had a lot of success in the NCAA the last 7 years helps their case.2 World Series & 1 Super Regional in the last 7 years while playing in a non elite Baseball Conference says you can hold your own.

Originally posted by ville 77:

Weekday games don't mean much. UK and IU had some nice wins but Teams are using their #4 starters and bullpen depth. With that said UL is not a lock to host. If they win the AAC tourney they will probably host but if they don't they could move to a high 2 seed.

I am not going to debate how good or not good UL is but the fact that they have had a lot of success in the NCAA the last 7 years helps their case.2 World Series & 1 Super Regional in the last 7 years while playing in a non elite Baseball Conference says you can hold your own.
Weekday games are much different than weekend games...they do not mean as much as conference games for obvious reasons but they still give you an idea of how teams stack up, especially when you play multiple weekday games against the same team.

Weekday games are about offense, and it is obvious UK has a better offense than UL. UL isn't close (offensively) to the teams they have had in recent years judging by the eyeball test...the small ball stuff is cute, but it wont get it done this yr.

Ahhh, as of 11:20pm tonight, UK has an RPI of 18, with a SOS at #3 according to Warren Nolan.com. This is up 4 spots since we beat Bama and Florida !

If we win the SEC Tournament, hosting a regional might not be out of the question. At any rate we would at least be paired with one of the lower rated hosts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT