ADVERTISEMENT

Cats and the Dawgs

Big_Blue_1018

Junior
Oct 5, 2014
Since no one has started yet. Hjelle walks Mangum to start the game. Just found out that both Haake and Lewis are unavailable this weekend.

State gets 2 runs on a 2 out single. Hjelle produces a line out to left to end the inning. State is squaring him up pretty good in the first.

A 4 pitch BB to start the game is never good. 30 has been off all year long.

Kentucky gets one back on an RBI double from Luke Heyer. State leads off the top of the second with a hard hit single.

Absolutely terrible pitching by Hjelle so far. Unbelievable.

Back to back starts. We get Thompson back at the end of the season and our Friday night starter goes into a slump. If this trend continues it will be a early departure for SEC and Regional play. On to football.

Great win by Kentucky. Gutty outing by Hjelle when he didn’t have his best stuff. Outstanding offense. UK grabs early momentum in the series.
Without Haake and especially Lewis the bats are are going to have to produce a lot of runs...hopefully Zack can go the extra innings tomorrow and I'm guessing Harper starts Sunday.

Reactions: irishcat1965
Was at the game tonight, great atmosphere at the ballpark. Hjelle really struggled, but credit to him for gutting it out. Gonna be tough to win the next two, but we need em.
Zack ...is going to have a coming out party tomorrow!!! GOCATS!!!

Big time win. I didn't like the decision to use Mach for two innings, but it worked out.

I watched on delay... announcers were saying we wouldn't have Lewis available this weekend!?!?! Anyone know anything on this?

Big time win. I didn't like the decision to use Mach for two innings, but it worked out.

I watched on delay... announcers were saying we wouldn't have Lewis available this weekend!?!?! Anyone know anything on this?
Elbow strain, resting him. Not thought to be serious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT